ninety one | phantomesque

With a sigh, Kai asked Dorothy, "Are you sure this is going to work?"

Dorothy replied, "Of course I am. After all, Kol was the one who came by here after the billionth time I called him and he told me what I needed to do."

Kai asked her, "Okay, but what if it doesn't work? Then what?"

With a sigh, Dorothy told him, "It will work, Kai. All Kol told me to do was have the rest of my coven say this enchantment while the both of us dig through her mind and try to restore whatever memories Lucien might have changed when he messed with her head five years ago." After letting out another sigh, she said, "So long as everything goes according to plan, we'll be able to get in and out of her head with ease."

Kai replied, "And if we can't?"

With a grimace on her face, she said, "Then there's a good chance that we could die because of it."

With his eyebrows raised, Kai said, "Huh." After a couple seconds of silence, he said with a shrug of his shoulders, "Good enough for me."

Not long after he said that, the coven of heretics linked their hands together and started to chant the incantation Dorothy had them memorize, while Dorothy and Kai placed one hand on each side of Annabelle's head.

After closing their eyes and lying down on their backs, the two of them also started to chant the incantation before the sound of the chanting from their fellow heretics started to become muffled with each passing minute.

It wasn't until the sound of the chanting had ceased altogether that both of their free hands limply fell to their sides and found themselves to hear anything else going on outside of their bodies.

* * *

With a sigh, Kai opened his eyes to find himself in an unfamiliar room with what looked like centuries old items scattered around the room.

Just as he went to look around himself to see just which memory he was put into, he suddenly stopped when he heard an ear piercing scream from a young child, which got him to slowly stand up onto his own two feet, while also listening to the sound of a pair of footsteps quickly making its way into the room he was in.

As soon as the owner of the footsteps had entered the room, Kai found himself staring down at a young boy with brown, shoulder-length hair, who looked quite fearful for whatever was occurring.

Without even bothering to say anything, the young boy quickly ran through Kai, while another boy was heard yelling, "Kol, get back here!"

In turn, the child version of Kol yelled, "No!"

Then another boy, who was much taller and looked quite a bit older than Kol, grabbed his younger brother by the arm and said, "Kol, you know what will happen, if we bother them. They'll just make her hurt even worse."