eighty seven | bag of cobras

As she made her way into the compound, Hayley said to Klaus, "We were heading out, and now we're throwing a party, I see

As she made her way into the compound, Hayley said to Klaus, "We were heading out, and now we're throwing a party, I see."

While Annabelle and her two heretics only raised their eyebrows in response, Klaus replied, "One that will be attended by New Orleans' most influential creatures."

After glancing over at Annabelle and her two heretics, who each had smirks of their own on their faces, Hayley said to him, "You do realize that everyone hates every single one of you."

Klaus retorted, "But they love Marcel, and as the invite states, he is the cohost. Tonight, we celebrate our truce."

Hayley said to him, "So, you're throwing a fake party in honor of a fake truce, and your guest of honor is in a dungeon."

As he started to make his way down the stairs, Klaus told her, "Marcel's attendance would only complicate matters." As he gestured between himself, Annabelle and her two heretics, Klaus said to Hayley, "Besides, we'll have our hands full weeding out those in league with the Hollow."

With furrowed eyebrows, Hayley said to him, "I thought you hated Kai."

Klaus replied, "I do, but you know what, Hayley? I admire his ability to kill a rather decently sized group of people, just as he did with his own siblings twenty-five years ago and then brought about the end of his two covens six years ago. So for the time being, I will tolerate Kai and his tendency to call me that wretched name in exchange for his murderous capabilities."

With a nod of her head, Hayley said to him, "Have fun with that. Hope's with Mary. I'm just looking for Freya."

After stopping in front of the table full of drinks, Klaus asked her, "What do you need of her?"

As she started to make her way over towards Klaus, Hayley replied, "Just a favor."

* * *

While Annabelle and her two heretics quietly talked amongst one another, Elijah said to Klaus, "Well, you've outdone yourself."

Klaus replied, "I'm inclined to agree. It's such a shame these lovely linens will soon be red with blood."

As he continued to make his way over towards Klaus, Elijah told him, "Violence must only be seen as a last resort, or it will only weaken our position."

Klaus retorted, "Yes, well, I'm a creature of very specific habits."

After taking the knife out of Klaus's hand, Elijah said to him, "Brother, please remember, the plan tonight is to create a false sense of security. A little music, a little champagne, some stealthy reconnaissance. No bloodshed. Do we understand each other?"

As he started to make his way over towards Elijah, Klaus replied, "They threatened me, they threatened my child. Bloodshed is inevitable."

Elijah asked him, "And how do we protect Hope from all of this?" When Klaus didn't respond, Elijah told him, "She worships you, Niklaus. She must not see the monster."