The Big Big Bro

Andy's Pov

"I'm not into boys. I'm into girls" I say looking down at my hands that was in his. I didn't know how he was going to react. I didn't want to look at him. I couldn't.

I continue staring at my hand while Chris stays silent.

My eyes start to well up and  single drop falls on Chris's hand that was holding mine.

"Sweetie" he breaks the silence and lifts me of the couch on to his lap. 

"Hey why are you crying. There is no need to feel bad about it" he holds me close to him.

"I didn't know what your reaction would be" I say between my sniffling, still not looking at him.

"Hey you know I'm cool with all this. With a brother like ours. Why did you think I was going to get angry or upset?" he asks rubbing my back.

"You're not?" I ask.

"Of course not baby"  he says reassuring me.

"Even if...um" I start saying taking a deep breath.

"Even after what?" he pushes me to finish my sentence.

"Even if this was a prank?" I ask him looking at him now trying to continue the serious face. I didn't look at him for so long cause I knew I would start laughing.

"Wait what?" he leans on the couch with the most confused expression on his face.

I burst out laughing looking at his expression. I jump off his lap and wipe my 'tears' away.

"What the hell, What - what just happened?" he asks still so confused.

"I was just pulling your leg. I'm not into girls. I'm into boys." I tell him.

"You seemed so upset and nervous about it. You were just acting this whole time?" he asks.

"Yup, I didn't think you would fall for it for this long but hey," I say still laughing.

"Oh you are so dead" he gets off the couch and I start running into the room, away from him. He runs behind be while I jump on the bed but him being so fast, he holds my ankle and pulls me down and I fall on the bed.

He starts tickling me and I try to get away from him but fail terribly.

"Say you're sorry. Say it." he says tickling me as usual. I know we get ourselves in this situation a lot but what can I say its fun to pull his leg.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry" I say between my laughter.

He stops tickling and we both lay on the bed. I was breathi9ng hard from him tickling me and he was breathing hard from running.

"That was good acting though I have to say It seemed real." he says between his breaths.

"You clearly fell for it." I say and he hits my arm with the back of his hand.

"But getting back to what I was going to say." he starts off again.

"I know I know. Be careful and all that" I say rolling on to my stomach to look at his side profile. He turns his head to look at me.

"Yes be careful and I want you to tell if even something small goes wrong. With whoever it is. I don't want you to hide anything from me. Okay?" he says with a serious look on his face.

The only thing that was going on in my head right now was a feeling of warmth. A warmth from knowing that I had someone who I could have this conversation with. A conversation that either a father or a big brother. Something I thought would never happen. Something I thought I would never have.