First Trip

NOT EDITED SO PLEASE IGNORE MISTAKES. THANK YOU

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had a been three days since I came back from the hospital. I had a month and a half of holidays. The semester break and my medical leave added. My leg was much better. I could walk on my own but I still have a small limp and I am not supposed to walk down the stairs alone but I don't get that. If I can walk fine then why do I need help down the stairs? I mean the nurse did explain about how the pressure on the foot while getting down or climbing up will hurt my foot and the recovering process will extend, but even though it makes a lot of sense but still I hate it that I still need help.

I was awake for 10 minutes now just laying on my bed. I turn my head to the right towards the clock to check the time. It was 9:30am so I decide to get up and head down. I slowly put my injured leg down and stand up to see how my leg is today. It is much better I tell myself smiling.

I head to the bathroom and do my morning routine and walk out of my room. I walk towards the stairs and hear voices that I recognize very well now. Chris and Scott were already downstairs. I decide to walk down the stairs alone as I was feeling much better even though they told me to call them when I was coming down the stairs. I reach the stairs and see Chris sitting on the couch watching the news as usual and Scott was probably in the kitchen I thought. I decide to get down the stairs before Scott comes into the living  room where he could see me.

As I slowly take my first step down I hear Scott's voice.

"What do you think you're doing"

I look up from the stairs and see him standing in the living with two coffee cups in his hand. His eyebrows coming together.

Chris turns around ,hearing Scott's question and looks at me. As soon as he sees me he gets up and climbs up the stairs to me.

"Hey what did I tell you,

no climbing and getting down the stairs alone for another day or two." he says holding my forearm so that I am fully supported by him.

"But I feel much better" I say slowly getting down.

"You will feel better but lets not take chances for the next two days. You aren't completely out of the risk of hurting you leg more. So don't try" he says in his protective brother voice.

"Okay Okay" I say shaking my head. We slowly walk down and I sit down on the couch. Scott walks up to me and hands me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you" I say taking the cup from him. He smiles in return.

I take a sip of it and scrunch my nose at Scott because of how bitter my coffee was. He forgot to put sugar yet again.

"That bad?"he asks not understanding why I was making that face.

"You forgot the sugar again" Chris explains smiling at my expression before I can say anything.

"Oh shit sorry I forgot" he says taking the cup from me. I wanted to get up and get it myself but Chris some how knew I was thinking that and didn't let me.

"Here you go sweet tooth" he says handing the cup again.

"Thanks" I say.

"Okay listen" Chris says getting my attention.
"Scott is heading to work now and I have a few meetings to go to so Mom is going to come over to stay with you. I'll be back before 5 pm for sure. Okay"

"Okay" I say smiling. I haven't really spent enough time with Lisa since I got here. She had to take care of a family member so she had left right after I came to this house. This was a good time to spend time with each other I thought.