First Day at home part 2

ANDY'S POV

Once we were done with breakfast I help with clearing up. I take my plate and coffee cup and place it in the sink. While everything was being cleared Scott calls me from the other side of the kitchen island.

"Sis your phone is vibrating. You have a call. " he says picking up my phone. I walk up to the island and he slides the phone to me. I see my phone flashing with Millie's name on it. I stare at it for a couple of seconds as it wasn't something common. She called rarely to clear her doubts so I thought this was the same case.

-----------------------------------------------

BOLD LETTERS TO SEPARATE THE PHONE CALL

------------------------------------------------

I pick the call and say "hello"

"Hey Andy are you free now, can we talk?" she asks with her sweet voice.

"yeah sure" I say waiting for her to respond.

"I just wanted to know if you were free this evening to go to the library to finish our class project. I thought we could do it together cause our topics are very similar."

"um let me just check yeah" I say turning to Chris and Scott

"yup" I hear her saying.

" My classmate wants me to go to the library with her to work on our class project in the evening. Can I?" I ask looking at Chris and Scott holding the phones microphone so she doesn't hear much.

"Sure sweetie, what time?" Chris asks me

" what time do you want to meet?" I ask her

"Is 4 o'clock good?" she ask and I look at Chris and hold up my hand showing him the number 4 with my fingers. He nods yes in response.

" 4 is good. I'll meet you at the library?" I ask her turning on my heal ( just a habit I had)

"yup I'll meet you there, bye"

"okay bye" I cut the call and turn towards Chris.

"School friend? " Scott asks

"um my classmate, and the only person I really talk to in school" I say in a low voice not knowing if he understood what I meant.

"You don't talk to too many people do you, Mary had mentioned that you mostly kept to yourself" Chris says making me turn to him

"yeah" I say looking down at my shoes.

"Hey its okay. people take their time to find friends. But don't block yourself out from the world, you have nothing to hide. Try to make some friends. Not saying all of them will work but the ones that work will always be special to you okay" Chris says taking my hand in his , pulling me close to him. His thumb rubbing the back side of my palm. Such gestures were only something that I experienced with Mary and Amy. Nobody else held my hand like that to comfort me. But I felt comfortable and safe when Chris did it. After my previous family I never really let anyone touch me except ,Mary, Amy and the little kids in the orphanage. Millie was another person who occasionally hugged me but no one else.

I look at him and nod while he smiles at me.

"I'll drop and pick you up from the library. Just give me a call a few minutes before you are done so that I can pick you up as soon as you're done." Chris says still holding my hand and I don't mind.

"okay, um.. I don't have your number though" I say shrugging my shoulder.

"Oh right. I am such an idiot. Tell me your number and I'll give you a missed call. You can just save the number then. Take Scott's too." Scott nods taking out his phone to take my number down.