An uneasy Feeling

ANDY'S POV

It was 3:15 pm. I am supposed to meet Millie at 4 so we should leave at 3:40 at least.

"Sweetie why don't you get ready. I'll drop you. " Chris says and I get up from the couch and head to my room. Once I am in my room I quickly change into a black t-shirt and blue jeans and brush my hair and tie it into a high ponytail. I get my notebook and textbook necessary for the project along with a few folders that have the notes for the project. This project was supposed to be very important. The project given to each of us was going to represent our school and the projects that meet all the guidelines was going to be used as a teaching material for other schools and ours. I was never careless about my work but this was a little more pressurizing. It was harder than my other assignments and it is a bit tiring too. Each time I start to do a part of the project I get very tired by the time I finish it.

Once I pack my backpack I take the folders in mt my hand cause they are too big to fit into my bag. I check the clock in my room and its 3:30 pm. I head down the stairs and see Scott and Chris sitting on the couch watching the news. I walk up to them and both of them turn to me.

"Ready, lets go" Chris says getting up from the couch.

"Hey I won't be coming here tonight. I have to head to work. I'll come to see you but only the day after. Yeah" Scott says getting up and walking towards me. He pulls me into a hug wrapping his hands around my shoulders and my head rests on his chest. I wrap my hands around his waist and hug him back. We pull away and he places his palm on my cheek and smiles and I smile back.

"Be safe and I won't really say be good, have fun, okay. Take care sweetie. Now go you're getting late"

"Okay, you too. Bye" I say and follow Chris out of the house.

We get into the car start driving.

A couple of minutes into the drive

"So whats this project about?" Chris asks

"Um its part of our history class. Each of us get a topic and a few guidelines like every other project but this is a bit more in detail. Once its done we will have a few of our teachers verify our project and if it has met all the guidelines right then it will be printed and used as a teaching material for our school and others. " I explain to him.

"Oh wow that's a good opportunity. Good luck" He says turning to me for a second and then looking back at the road.

Once we reach the library parking lot I unbuckle my seat belt to get out when Chris stops me.

"Hey do you have money with you right now? Do you need a couple of bucks? " he asks

"Oh no I have some right now. Mary had given me a couple bucks to use for when I go to school but I haven't used it." I say looking at him.

"Okay, don't hesitate to ask okay. Be careful and call me if you need anything. I'll come to pick you up once I get your call. " he says pushing a few strands of hair of my face and touches my cheek the way Scott did.

"Okay" I say smiling and get out of the car. I start walking towards the library and turn to see if he left and I see him waving at me while leaving . I wave back and continue walking to the library.

As I get close to the door a man walks into me and I drop all my folders feeling a sharp pain on my arm.

"sorry" I say and start picking up my folders ignoring the pain.

"Watch it kid" the man says in a rude tone and walks away faster.

Something about his voice startles me and I look up to see who it is but he walks away.