Chapter 58

"Its a lot to ask, but will you trust us with your lives?" Gon asked as we sat in front of the coughing villagers.

After trading cards with people in Masadora, we figured that we needed to gain more cards the right way, instead of avoiding fighting. Gon makes trades, and his necklace tells us whether someone was trying to fake us out or not.

Gon then brought up the sick villagers that took all our money and clothes. He asked if his necklace could lift the curse on them, and now we're trying to figure that out ourselves.

"You gave us everything you had without even the slightest hint of hesitation." The old man croaked.

"Well..." I mumbled before getting elbowed by Killua.

"Yes we trust you!" The old man cried before he popped into a card along with the other villagers. I blinked, surprised by the action.

Gon picked up the card, and his necklace lifted the curse upon it.

"It worked!" He grinned before summoning the villagers again.

"Thank you all very much! This treasure has been passed down for generations. Please! Accept it!" The old man held out a jewel in a box. Gon beamed at it, and I looked around at the villagers.

My eyes landed on the little boy that was sick. He squealed and hid behind his mother. Oh right... I let it snow on him. I gave the boy a scary grin, and he whimpered.

"What are you doing?" Killua whispered, noticing my expression. He followed my gaze to the trembling boy hiding behind a woman.

"What the hell?! Quit terrorizing children!" Killua hit me in the head.

"Ow! Then what else am I supposed to do?!" I whined, holding my head.

"What do you mean what are you supposed to do?!" His voice grew louder.

"Exactly what it sounds like, dumbass." I replied with a smirk.

Before Killua could respond, Bisky pushed us both violently forwards, telling us to behave.

"Wild luck Alexandrite! Heck yeah!" Gon cheered, holding the card up in the air. As soon as he put the card in his book, the book stated that someone was trying to contact him.

It was that guy who stole our sword from the beginning. He wanted to meet with us in person. He said that a team lead by Genthru, that bomber guy, was close to clearing the game.

○●○

"Thanks for taking the time to come out, everyone." The man who called us there stated.

I sat between Gon and Killua on a rock. I eyed the other teams spread throughout the canyon. We all looked down at the three guys who stood on the ground.

"As I mentioned via contact, Team Genthru is getting very close to beating the game. I just checked the ranking, and they're currently at 96 types. We have to come up with a strategy, and now." He explained, and I sighed.

"I've got a question." Killua raised his hand. The man looked at Killua, signaling him to continue. "How do we check the rankings?" He asked.

"Oh you-" A woman cut the guy's answer off.

"Oh great. You don't even know how to do that?" She scoffed. "We don't have time to explain the whole game to them, so cut to the chase, alright!" She closed her eyes, waving her hand at us. The three next to me tensed, taking offense.

"And we don't have time to listen to you complain, so just zip it, alright." I spoke up, and the woman choked. She quickly composed herself, and glared down at me.