Chapter 68

My stomach dropped as the four men teleported in front of us. I locked eyes with Jiroku, and a sickening grin stretched across his face.

"What do you want?!" Killua glared at them, and a I noticed his death stare directed towards Jiroku.

"Don't be so hostile. We're here to propose a deal." Genthru smirked down at us.

"A deal? We aren't interested!" Killua yelled. I tore my gaze away from Jiroku, and stared at Genthru.

"It's not a bad deal. We have a good idea that Tsezgerra approved." Genthru replied, and I bit my tongue, deciding not to insult them right now.

"What is it?" Killua asked.

"Interested now?" Genthru laughed, and I sighed. He's got so much confidence. Genthru stepped forwards with a grin.

"Stop! Talk from where you are!" Gon shouted, pointing at the man.

"It's quite simple. We'll beat the game on everyone's behalf, then everyone returns to the real world. And we'll split Battera's reward." Genthru explained, and I raised a brow.

"I find that hard to believe." I stated, and he smiled.

"We've had a change of heart. And Tsezgerra has already left the game." He countered.

"But that doesn't prove that he agreed to your offer." Killua argued.

"You have a valid point. Then, what now?" Genthru adjusted his glasses, his smile fading into a deep frown. "Do you want to die? Stop whining, and hand over your cards! Otherwise, we'll slaughter you!" He suddenly lunged at us, and I jumped back along with Killua.

"You've revealed your true colors!" Killua shouted before taking action.

"Book! Accompany on! To Soufrabi!" He yelled, and all four of us teleported to a different area. We continued to run, and teleported three more times. We returned to Masadora, but before the group of men could follow us, we concealed our presence in a bush, hiding from them.

The four men used a card to follow us, but quickly became confused when they stood in the forest with no sight of us.

"They're not here." The purple haired one looked around.

"They could be hiding and concealing their presence." Jiroku stated, and I tensed. I silently prayed that he wouldn't search anywhere.

"Check at the store. We don't want to let them buy any spell cards." Genthru ordered, and the three men followed.

While the men searched the city, we ran further into the forest. Suddenly, Genthru and his team teleported behind us. We had successfully made them use all their accompanies, so now they had to follow us on foot.

"Don't lose sight of them!" Genthru ordered as they chased us. We eventually let the men jump in front of us, cutting us off. We pretended to be winded and tired to make them underestimate us.

"Now why don't you give up, and hand over your cards?" Genthru grinned, staring down at us.

"No way! We'll never let you have them!" Gon shouted. I glanced at him, trying not to laugh at his acting. I have to follow the plan after all.

It's a good thing that my leg was basically healed. We can't let them know we've prepared for this encounter. Jiroku probably thinks I shriveled in fear over his arrival rather than trained and prepared to face him.

"If we have to hand over our cards, we'd rather fight!" Gon shouted, and both Killua and Bisky pretended to be surprised.

"Wait, Gon! Damn!" Killua cursed, following his part of the plan.