Chapter 33

I looked around the slightly crowded room as Gon sold his Hunter License. He had suggested to sell it for money so we could find information on the Phantom Troupe using the Hunter Website.

Gon came back with his money, and I stared in awe at the number. 100 million?! Damn.

"Should I sell mine too? I mean we need all the money we can get." I offered, and Gon looked at me like I was crazy.

"No, Korudo! I don't want you to sell your license for me! That would be selfish of me." Gon replied, and I sighed.

"If you say so..." I stated as I put my license away.

"That's crazy! You actually have the money!" Leorio gaped at the Jenny.

"Idiot. I can't believe you actually pawned your Hunter license. You're insane, you know that?" Killua sighed at Gon's decision.

"Ha, you're just jealous because you don't have a Hunter license to sell." I teased Killua, and his eye twitched.

"Shut up! I don't need a Hunter license!" Killua yelled at me and I laughed at his annoyance.

"So, what do you think we should do first?" Gon asked, ignoring our bickering.

"To start with, we should buy ourselves a southernbees catalog." Leorio stated.

I leaned over the counter, watching Gon take the southernbees auction catalog from the woman behind the counter.

We then walked to a table as Gon looked through the book. I lounged around in a chair, occasionally sneaking glances at Killua. His words from the night before rung in my head, and I couldn't get over it.

"Hm... Got it! Greed Island is right here!" Gon exclamed as he pointed to a page.

"Seven total units on sale." Leorio mumbled as he looked at the book.

"Wow. Minimum starting bid is 8.9 billion. No change there." Killua stated. I also leaned forward in my chair, looking at the page.

"Man, this game is annoying." I complained as I fell back into my chair.

"Not as annoying as your whining." Killua grumbled, and I smirked.

"You can't insult me for whining when all you do is scold people." I shot back, and he shot up in anger.

"I do not scold people! You're just stupid, and somebody has to point it out! Maybe you shouldn't be such an idiot, and actually think for once!" He yelled at me and I laughed.

"You're only proving my point." I smirked as Killua froze, sinking back into his chair.

"Sh-Shut up." He grumbled as he crossed his arms in defeat.

○●○

I walked around the city, searching for items with nen aura. Gon had pointed out that some items had aura, and Killua told us to bid on them. He figured if they had aura, then they were authentic and we could sell them for a good price.

I had been mindlessly walking around the city for awhile with no luck in finding an object with aura. Something shiny caught my eye, and I walked towards a stand. My eyes landed on a sheathed sword. The sheath had beautiful carvings on it which wrapped around it down to the handle.

"Oh, I see you've taken a liking to that sword. Good eye, this sword, or more particularly the sheath, has one of the most beautiful carvings in the world!" The woman behind the stand exclaimed. I was sure she was exaggerating, and I sighed.

Nonetheless, I still placed a bid on it due to the small shroud of aura surrounding it. Once I knelt down to write the price, I noticed somebody else by the name of Zepile had already placed a bid on it.