Chapter 26

I woke up to the bright light of the sun rushing into the room. I reluctantly opened my eyes, not wanting to get up from the comfy warm bed. It was oddly warm.

It was then I realized arms wrapped around me. I tensed as I rolled over to meet bright blue eyes. My eyes widened as my face burned when I saw Killua staring at me.

"What are you doing!?" I panicked as I tried to push away from him. His grip only grew tighter around me and he stared blankly at me.

"Oh, you're finally awake." He casually stated. I continued to try and escape his arms, but no avail.

"Quit moving. You're not going to get out." Killua calmly spoke and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Let me go! What do you want?!" I didn't stop squirming in his grasp. He tensed against my moving body as he continued to trap me.

"Answers." He replied and I groaned.

"Aw come on! Would you just give up?!" I said between struggles.

"No. Now I'm not letting go until you answer my questions. Truthfully this time, I know when you're lying since you suck at it." He insulted me and I scoffed.

"Fine." I hesitently stated, relaxing in his arms. Killua practically held me to his chest as his arms wrapped around me. It would be considered cute cuddling if I wasn't being held captive.

"Who's Jiroku?" He asked and I tensed at the name. Killua observed my reaction and stared at me. It took me several seconds to respond since the last time I told somebody about Jiroku was when Mr. Shiro found me.

"He's... uh... He was my "master" you could say." I replied quietly. I didn't know how to answer the question honestly while also not giving the whole truth.

"Your master? What do you mean?" Killua questioned as he stared at me. I only averted my gaze, seeing as I was kinda stuck in his arms.

"I worked under him, I guess." I replied and he nodded slowly.

"So were you a butler like Canary or Gotoh?" He asked and I shook my head. I knew he was confused by my vauge responses, but I just couldn't bring myself to say it.

"Come on, Korudo. What were you?" Killua urged me to tell him and I refused to look at him. I shook my head again.

I felt Killua's arm move swiftly and grab my arm. I had little time to react as he pulled my glove off. I let out a gasp as he held my glove in his hand. I immediately hid my bare arm between us.

"He did this, didn't he." Killja spoke up as he reached for my arm between us. One of his arms was still around me so I couldn't escape. He placed my glove behind him so I couldn't get it back. He gently picked up my bare arm as he saw the scars once again.

"I'll give your glove back when you answer my question." He spoke as he examined my arm.

"That's mean." I pouted and he said nothing. I let him touch my scarred skin as he saw it for the second time. I closed my eyes as I lied down, trying to forget my situation.

"Korudo. I'm just trying to help." I heard Killua speak up. Part of me knew that. He was trying to understand what happened to me, and I was being difficult.

I wanted to trust Killua, but that wretched man ripped that privilege from me. But I refused to let Jiroku win. He won't control me anymore.

"I-I..." I choked out as I opened my eyes. I saw Killua perk up as I began to speak.

"I was a s-slave." I quietly confessed, and I felt Killua's grip on me tighten.

"What?" He breathed out, and I closed my eyes again, not wanting to look at him. I told him. I told him. What the hell. What if he turns on me? What if he tells everyone? What if he hates me now?