Chapter 43

I let out a deep sigh as I rested my head on Killua's shoulder. We were almost home, the sun slowly fading. I looked up to see the familiar tall building.

I perked up, lifting my head from Killua, when I saw Gon pacing outside the building. I panicked, and instinctively grabbed Killua's shirt, alerting him.

"What is it?" He turned his head to look at me, stopping in his tracks.

"My arms." I looked at my bare arms, the obvious scars lining them. There weren't many people out tonight, so I had forgotten about my missing gloves.

"Right..." He mumbled, thinking of a solution. He turned around and walked around the corner before Gon spotted us.

"I'm going to put you down, don't fall idiot." He stated, and I carefully slid off his back. I shifted my weight to my uninjured leg, and stared at Killua curiously.

He sighed and took off the black hoodie he was wearing. Killua then turned back to me, and threw the hoodie at my face.

"There. You're welcome." He scoffed and I beamed at the piece of clothing.

"So kind." I smirked, my voice dripping in sarcasm as I referred to his statement. I pulled the hoodie on, liking the warmth it brought in the cool night of Yorknew city.

"Gon is going to go crazy if we don't get back to him soon. I told him to look for us if I wasn't back by midnight." Killua explained as he looked around the corner.

"Oh, then let's get going." I climbed back onto Killua's back as he walked towards the building. Gon was still outside, obviously restless. He immediately stopped when he saw Killua approaching, and ran towads us.

"Korudo! Killua! I was about to go look for you two!" Gon exclaimed, worry lacing his voice. I let out a small chuckle.

"Thanks, I'm glad we made it before you ran off." I gave Gon a tired smile, bringing his attention to me. His eyes darted between my bloody cheek and ankle.

"Korudo! Are you okay?! What happened?!" He asked frantically, and I tensed. Should I tell him the truth? Would he know if I was lying?

"She got herself kidnapped." Killua casually stated, letting out a yawn. I sighed, mentally cursing Killua for just blurting it out.

"Really?! I knew it! By who?! I'm going to kick their butt!" Gon started firing off questions, and my head spun.

"W-Woah woah, calm down. One thing at a time!" I exclaimed and Gon immediately stopped, a sheepish smile of his face.

"Oh, sorry." He laughed nervous as be rubbed the back of his neck.

"First things first, we need to treat Korudo's wounds. You can ask all the questions you want later." Killua stated, and I almost let out a groan. Why is he encouraging Gon to ask questions?!

I sat on the couch in the small room. I fiddled with the sleeves of Killua's hoodie, as I got lost in my thoughts. The couch dipped next to me, catching my attention, and I turned to see Killua sitting next to me while holding some medical supplies.

"Nah, I'm good. Just let me bleed to death." I groaned as I looked at the supplies in his hands. He scoffed at my statement, setting most of the materials on the table.

"Just deal with it. Leorio's busy taking care of Kurapika." He stated as he motioned for me to show him my ankle.

I hesitated, thinking about the markings on my ankle. It was just like my arm, but around my leg. I let out a sigh, and took my shoe off.

My hand hovered over my pant-leg. I gripped the fabric, and pulled the baggy pant-leg up to my knee. My shin and ankle were exposed, and I saw Killua tense.