Chapter 30

Korudo's new outfitttt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was September 1st. The date rolled around quickly, and excitement welled up within me as I thought about today.

Gon, Killua, and I were walking around the Yorknew market. Stands selling various things lined the streets as we walked around the crowded city.

"Wow, there are so many people!" Gon exclaimed in amazement as he gazed at the products.

"This market's purpose is to swindle people who have come for the auction." Killua stated and Gon looked at him.

"What? This isn't the auction venue?" Gon asked and I snorted.

"I don't think there's any auctioning going on here, Gon." I snickered at the boy and he sheepishly smiled.

"Yorknew's dream auction is held once a year in the world's largest auction house. They say that, just during the ten days of official bidding, tens of trillions of Jenny exchange hands." Killua explained.

"Tens of trillions?" Gon gasped at Killua's words.

"Yeah, an item sold for ten thousand can be turned around for a hundred million the next day. You can make a fortune instantly. It's where dreams come true." Killua replied.

"Why do you know so much about this auction. I swear you're a stalker." I teased Killua as he inhaled sharply.

"I just do my research! At least I'm not clueless like you!" He defended himself and I laughed.

"It's more fun being clueless! You never know what's going to happen next!" I grinned, and Killua sighed.

"You really are an idiot..." He mumbled as we continued to walk down the street.

"Yeah, how could I forget. You remind me every two seconds." I grumbled as I crossed my arms.

"Well it's the truth. Maybe I wouldn't call you an idiot all the time if you didn't always act like one, idiot!" He insulted me and I smirked.

"You're just jealous of my idiocy." I chimed, a sly grin on my face.

"Yeah right. Why in the world would I want that." Killua scoffed and I snickered.

"Anyways, that's why a lot of underworld auctioning happens at the same time, Gon." Killua ignored my smug laughter as he continued to inform Gon.

"That's awesome." Gon mumbled in awe.

"Do you think Kurapika and Leorio will show up?" Killua asked.

"They promised to meet us here. I'm sure they'll come." Gon replied optimistically.

"Yeah, they better show up. Or else I'll hunt them down myself." I added and they both sweatdropped at my threat.

"They might try to contact us. You two have to buy a phone! It's standard Hunter gear!" Killua scolded us and Gon nervously laughed. I only tilted my head in confusion.

"Ah, that's true." Gon agreed.

"What's a phone?" I asked and both boys looked at me like I was crazy.

"Huh?!" Gon gasped in suprise at my question.

"You mean you don't know?!" Killua exclaimed and I looked away, embarrassed.

"Killua is holding one right now, Korudo." Gon stated and I looked back at Killua. He held a small device with a bunch of numbers on it.

"Ohh. That looks cool!" I gazed at the phone in amazement.

"I can't believe you don't know what a phone is, Korudo! How have you never heard of one?" Gon asked, and I tensed. I hope he doesn't get suspicious. Nah, this is Gon we're talking about.