Chapter 7

The next hours of getting through Trick Tower were a blur. It wasn't until we stumbled upon a room with a weird statue lady in it that things started getting serious.

"Please select a path. There are two available options to choose from. The long and difficult path, which the entire group can take, or the short and easy path, which will be limited to three of you." The examiner explained over the speaker. I tensed. This isn't good.

"Incidentally if you pick the long and difficult path, it will take 42 hours to complete, while the short and easy path will lead you directly to the goal in three minutes. Press O for the long and difficult path, or X for the short and easy path. If X is selected, then three applicants must be chained to the wall before the door will open. Those applicants will not be able to move until the time limit has expired." He informed. Aw man... this won't end well.

"The examiners thought of everything. Look around, there's every weapon I've ever heard of down here." Killua stated, pointing out the various weapons lining the walls.

"Three out of six huh... Then they expect us to fight to decide which three pass." Kurapika mumbled.

"I'll make this clear. I'm pressing the X button, but I'm not staying behind. I'm one of the three that's moving on, and I'll do whatever it takes." Leorio stated, determination lacing his voice.

"You're one to talk. We could've taken the long path if you hadn't wasted fifty hours. You should do the right thing and make up for it by staying behind. I'm sure we all agree. What about it guys, did I lie?" Tonpa said with a shit eating grin. I continued to stay silent. I'm trying to think of a solution that doesn't involve us ripping each other to shreds.

"Hold on a second! I'm going to press O. It's just... We all made it this far by working together, so we should finish together!" Gon tried to reason.

"Gon..." Kurapika looked over at the boy. "It's a big risk I know that, but still... We got to try!" Gon was just as determined as Leorio.

It's not a question of it being a risk. There's only one way to pass, and it's obvious. So now we have to pick which 3 to advance. If it we're up to me, you, Korudo, and I are the three to take the easy path." Killua explained.

My eyes widened at his statement. He'd pick me? I thought he hated me. I snapped out of it when an axe was thrown across the room. It almost hit Leorio, but he dodged it.

"That was a cheap shot!" Leorio screamed at Tonpa, since he obviously threw it.

"In a fight, theres no such thing as a cheap shot!" Tonpa retorted. I immidietly tensed as I watched the fight break out.

"Bastard!" Leorio charged at Tonpa.

"Both of you knock it off!" I yelled. Everyone stared at me since I had been quiet the whole time.

"Theres no use in fighting amongst each other before we come up with a solution! So would you guys chill out for two damn seconds!" I shouted at the two. Tonpa only looked at me for a second before turning and glaring at Leorio.

"We wouldn't be fighting if he hadn't wasted all our time!" Tonpa once again grabbed the axe and attacked Leorio. I sighed, obviously irritated.

"Stop it!" Kurapika tried to settle them down. It's no use.

"Come on! Lets all do this together!" Gon pleaded.

"We don't have to start figjting until we press X or O idiot!" Leorio screamed at Tonpa.

It's too late for that!" He replied, charging at him. "Then I guess ill just have to choose for you!" Leorio also charged at Tonpa.

"I guess fighting is our only option." Killua sharpened his hand. My nen spiked in case I had to fight. I earned a glance from both Kurapika and Killua. Gon also looked my way before gripping an axe. I guess they can sense nen. Impressive.