Chapter 34

3rd Person P.O.V.

Korudo sat at the table with the three other males. She stared out the window, a terrified look in her eye.

"Korudo!" Gon yelled, and she snapped out of her trance. She plastered a fake smile on her face as she turned to Gon.

"Huh?" She smiled, refusing to let them see her panic.

"You spaced out. Zepile is going to work for us now! Isn't that great?" Gon exclaimed, and she looked over at Zepile, slightly suprised.

"Oh. That's cool, I guess." Korudo casually replied, leaning back in her seat.

"You guess?" Zepile chuckled quietly at the girl's reaction.

"I think I'm going to head back to the room. I'll go do some research with Leorio." Korudo stated and Killua shot her a suspicious look.

He had been observing her strange behavior, and knew that smile was fake. He could tell she was distressed just by looking at her, but her stubborn secretive attitude wasn't going to tell him why.

However, he did have a good theory on why she was so shaken. A man meeting a certain description was looking for her. He just didn't know who. Judging by her reaction, this person was far from good.

"Korudo." He adressed her, and she looked at him in confusion.

"Are you sure you'll be fine on your own?" Killua asked, eyeing the stressed girl.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? Haha, I guess I better get going then!" Korudo chimed, eager to hide. Killua only crossed his arms, still skeptical of the girl.

"Bye, Korudo! I hope you find something when researching with Leorio!" Gon waved the girl off as she left the restaurant.

"What was that about?" Zepile asked, referring to Korudo's abrupt leave.

"What do you mean?" Gon tilted his head, seeing nothing wrong with just happened.

"I mention that weird guy with the scar, and she just freaks out and leaves." Zepile replied.

"By the way, did that guy say anything else?" Killua spoke up, and Zepile scratched his head in thought.

"Oh! Uh, he said something about a reward for whoever brings the girl to him. He also said she has to be alive or something. I mean, why would he want her dead? The lost girl is probably his daughter or something." Zepile answered, and Killua tensed.

"A reward?" Killua mumbled as he stared at the table in thought.

"But why are you so worried about it? Korudo said she wasn't that girl, so it's all good, right?" Zepile stated, giving Killua a confused glance.

"Right. She's not that girl, no need to worry." Killua nodded, covering for Korudo.

○●○

Korudo ran through the streets of the city, panick coursing through her veins. She didn't even know where she was going, she was just running.

She had told the boys she was going to research with Leorio, but she found herself running in the opposite direction.

She stopped running when she realized there was no longer huge buildings surrounding her. She gazed around the small field she had stumbled upon.

More panicked thoughts flooded through her mind as terror filled her body.

He's here. He's here. He's here.

The thought haunted her as she started to hyperventilate. One hand clawed at her chest while the other was laced in her hair.

She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to escape the horrifying reality. Tears pricked her eyes as she fell to her knees.