Chapter 61

Gon had transported us to Tsezgerra after he spoke to him. We lined up in front of him as he eyed us.

"Together, there are five of you?" He asked.

"Yeah, this is all of us." Goreinu replied, gesturing to rest of us.

"There are two others in my group. This only gives us a total of nine. Where do you plan to find the rest? We'll need fifteen members, right?" Tsezgerra crossed his arms, and two of his men appeared in the trees.

"We can use stand-ins for the remaining six. Invite players who want to return to the real world but can't. They won't be able to help, but they won't care about receiving cards, either." Goreinu answered. I shifted back and forth on my heels. All this planning is boring.

"Meaning that the nine of us will
have to win the contest. I don't know how strong our opponents are, but can we?" Tsezgerra looked around at his men.

"We can. Even if we can't manage eight wins, we're allowed to switch members and try again. So whether we can win depends on you guys." Killua spoke up. "Show us your Ren. We'll decide if we want you afterwards."

"Damn man, no need to be so cold." I mumbled, latching my hands behind my back as I continued to rock back on my heels.

"I see our roles have been reversed. Very well." Tsezgerra lowered down into a squat. "Here I go!"

The man jumped, and shot into the air. He stood there, a couple yards in the air with his arms crossed.

"Awesome!" Gon and Killua stared at the guy in awe. I thought it was impressive, but I wasn't really interested in it since Mr. Shiro used to do it all the time just to be an ass.

"If I use my full strength, I can fly higher. My record is sixteen meters,
eighty centimeters." The man smirked, looking down at us. I scoffed. That's his personal record? He's got some work to do.

"Ready, and..."

I looked over to the boys to see them shoot up into the sky. They hovered way above Tsezgerra as they laughed at each other.

"Haha, I win!" Killua shoved his finger into Gon's face as he sat criss cross in the air. Gon whined as Killua taunted him. They both landed safely on the ground again, and turned to Tsezgerra.

"I am impressed. Although you still fall a bit short of my full height." The man stood up from kneeling on the ground.

"Okay! Let's go again!" Gon pleaded.

"No way. You won't stop until you win." Killua turned away, crossing his arms.

"Is it that, or are you just scared Gon will beat you next time?" I smirked, leaning towards Killua. He paused, giving me an annoyed glare.

"Yeah, Killua! Are you scared to lose?" Gon laughed, causing me to laugh too.

"No! Of course not!" He yelled, poking us in the forehead. I hissed, covering my skin.

"Ow man!" I whined along with Gon, rubbing my forehead.

"Oh, you passed." Killua turned to Tsezgerra, pretending like he didn't just attack Gon and I. "Nice jump." He stated in a condescending tone.

"Sorry." Goreinu apologized, and I noticed Tsezgerra's annoyed expression. "They're only kids, so let it slide." Goreinu continued.

Gon and Killua could be heard arguing about jumping again not too far away from us.

"Yeah, Killua's just a dumb brat." I shrugged, and the mentioned boy froze. He slowly turned around before charging at me.

"AH! WHAT THE HELL?!" I screamed, quickly turned around and running away.