Chapter 62

I frowned as I watched the pack of crying men start to back away, scared of the pirates in front of them.

"H-Hold on! We'll think of something real quick." Killua held his hands out, trying to keep them here.

"Yeah, and try being quiet for once. I can't think over the sound of your constant sobbing." I sighed, shoving my hands into my pockets. I heard Killua snort, and I only shook my head.

"We'll do this by ourselves." Gon spoke up, and we all looked towards him. "If our lives are on the line, we should only field willing players." He stated.

"Do you have a problem if we only field six people?" Gon turned to Razor.

"Yes, actually, I can't let you do that. You will have to field eight members. Otherwise, why ask you to recruit fifteen people?" Razor replied, placing a hand on his hip.

"Saying this to an in-game character
is probably pointless, but wasn't Bobobo one of your allies? What did he do to deserve death?" Gon glared at the man.

"Burglary, rape, and murder too. Eleven confirmed counts alone." He bluntly replied, and Gon gasped. My eyed widened, and I let out a quiet whistle.

"Damn, now I wish I was the one to set his head on fire." I whispered.

"This is the real world." Hisoka stated, and Gon looked up at him in surprise. I blinked, processing the information. I guess it would make sense if this was all in the real world.

"This place, Greed Island, is located somewhere in the real world. This game takes place in the real world. Revealing that information to a player who believes they're inside a game is a taboo. Bobobo was executed for breaking that taboo." Tsezgerra explained, and I sighed.

"This guy, Razor, is a Game Master, a real human." He continued.

"Game Master?" Gon asked.

"One of the people who made this game." Tsezgerra answered.

"Wait, then..." Gon looked back over at Razor.

"Bobobo and the other pirates are real death row criminals. Not only did he disobey orders; he attempted to instigate an escape. Execution was a fair consequence." Tsezgerra explained.

"This is the real world?" Gon asked, looking around.

"That is correct." Hisoka replied.

"I never noticed." Killua stated.

"I hadn't even considered that." Bisky spoke up.

"I don't really care either way." I shrugged.

"Well, it doesn't really matter. Since this island is still isolated from the rest of the world." Razor bounced his ball on the ground.

"Wait a second. If this is the real world, does that mean that Ging is here, on Greed Island?" Gon asked, stepping forwards. Razor froze, Gon's question catching him off guard.

"Ging?" Goreinu repeated.

"Aw man..." I muttered, knowing that Gon's famous dad was getting him in trouble again.

"Ah... So you must be Gon." Razor smiled again, firmly holding the ball.

"Yeah." Gon nodded.

"I was instructed not to go easy on you by your old man." His aura spiked, and Gon paused. A smile formed on the boy's face and I sighed. What did he just get us into?

The wimps in the back of our group started whining and screaming. They all ran off while I watched them stumble over each other.

"Wait! Stop!" Our teammate called after them.