Chapter 48

Haha I changed the picture to this random gender bent thing because I can🥰🥰

~~~~

"Let's get started, then. Another player was just killed. He arrived with the rest of you. His stomach exploded. It was the Bomber." The man with the purple hair, who lead us here, stated.

"The Bomber?" Gon looked up at the man.

"The victims aren't killed by spells. No spell in this game is capable of injuring people. Which means that you won't be harmed or killed by any spell that's been cast on you." A different man with blonde hair and glasses spoke up.

"There are forty different spells. The one cast on you was an inspection spell. Either Trace or Adhesion." The purple haired man looked at Killua and I.

"In short, once the enemy uses these on you, he will then know everything about you." The blonde man stated, and I sighed. That's unsettling.

"Some players wait near the starting point in order to cast these spells on new players. As soon as a player obtains a valuable card, they'll show up and steal it. In some cases, they kill their target." He continued.

"Like the guy who just died? I won't be that easy to kill." That Puhat guy spoke up, and I looked over at him. I noticed a blonde girl that looked around our age, sitting next to the man.

"No, he was killed by something else. There is a violent faction hunting players. This was done by one of them. The Bomber." The blonde man stated, and I scoffed. That sounds stupid...

"In this game, there are three ways to acquire item cards. Do you know what they are?" The purple haired man asked.

"Find them yourself." Gon spoke up.

"You could trade with other players." I stated, crossing my arms.

"Or steal them from other players." Killua added.

"Yes, those are the three ways. However, the number of players stealing from others has recently increased. That's due to the card's difficulty to obtain and the card transformation limit system." A different man with darker blonde hair stepped forwards.

"Players who can't obtain cards themselves choose to take them from others. If those players resist, they're killed. When they die, their ring disappears, and their cards are lost. However, it increases the transformation limit of that type of card. If you kill a player, you can't take his cards. That rule was meant to keep players from killing one another." He explained.

"But now, it's backfiring. It's been over ten years since the game's release. If no one can find a way to beat it, the killing will only continue.  That's why we're trying to end this mess. We're recruiting allies to clear this game. We need your help." The purple haired guy finished.

"How do you plan to obtain cards? One, find them yourself. Two, trade for them. Three, steal them. Which method will you use?" Puhat asked.

"Three..." He replied.

"I assume you mean to use all three methods, but three will be the primary method." One of the guys sitting on the stairs stated.

"What, so you'll still use force?" Puhat smirked.

"No! We won't use violence to reach our goal." The purple haired guy exclaimed.