Chapter 42

My head pounded as I slowly woke up. I groaned at the annoying pain. The floor beneath me was cold and smooth. I could feel the grime and dust stick to my skin, and my head lied uncomfortably against the icy floor.

Wait- What?! I shot up from the ground, my head erupting in pain.

"Ah... Shit...." I panted as I brought a hand up to my head as it rang. I frantically looked around the room, the events from yesterday flooding through my mind.

The first thing I saw were rusty bars, caging my into the dingy cell. Every time I swung my head in a different direction, it felt like it was going to explode. The words of my kidnapper replayed in my mind, sending me into an uncontrollable panic.

"Yes! I caught her! I can't wait to get my hands on that reward! Now I just have to give her to the man with the X shaped scar, and I'll get all that money!"

Caught her. X shaped scar. Reward.

"No no no... this can't be happening! What am I going to do?! I-I'm screwed!" I panted as I backed into the corner of the cell, bringing my knees to my chest. I gripped at my hair, my eyes wide with fear.

○●○

Killua's P.O.V.

I sat on the bed, latching my hands being my head. I stared at Gon, who was looking at the floor in thought. Neither of us had spoken for the past hour or so.

"Hey... Shouldn't Korudo be back by now?" Gon suddenly spoke up, his hands clasped together tightly.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. She only went to get a drink." I replied, acting calm. In reality, I was terrified. What if something happened to her, and I could have prevented it?

"Tch. I should have gone with her." I looked at the sheets, my hands now gripping at them.

"But what could have possibly happened? What if the Spiders kidnapped her?!" Gon looked up in panick.

Oh, that's right... He doesn't know about Jiroku and his search for Korudo. Both she and I had prentended like Korudo wasn't the girl he was looking for.

"No, it's not the Spiders." I stated, and Gon looked up from the floor.

"How do you know?" He asked. Now that he was looking at me, I could see his immense worry.

"I just do, okay?" I frowned as I stood up from the bed. Gon also stood up from his spot on the couch.

"I'm going to look for her. Gon, stay here." I ordered, and he gazed at me with determined eyes.

"No! I'm not just going to sit here when Korudo's missing!" Gon yelled, his stubborn attitude rising.

"Yes you are! You need to think about that plan of yours for the auction! Somebody also needs to keep an eye on Kurapika, and give Leorio a break!" I shouted, pointing my finger at the boy. His expression didn't change. We glared at each other for a little, before Gon turned away.

"Fine! But if you're not back by midnight, I'm going after you!" Gon gave in, much to my suprise. I sighed, calming down.

"Well, I'll be on my way then." I waved to Gon before leaving the room. As soon as I left, I dashed down the streets, looking for any evidence to track down Korudo.

I heard some annoying laughter nearby an alleyway, and decided to check it out. I concealed my presence, and watched the two men in the alley.

"It was too easy. The girl was so distracted, she didn't even sense me!" One of the men laughed, bragging about something.