Chapter 11

"Begin!" The examiner started Killua's match. He slowly walked towards Gittarackur.

"It's been too long, Kil." He stated, pulling the pins from his face. He morphed into a completely different person. He had long black hair and cold and dead dark eyes. Killua froze upon seeing him.

"Brother..." Killua trembled, beyond terrified. I quietly gasped. Brother? Didn't he run away from his family? That must be why he's so scared.

"Hey." Illumi casually greeted, his voice void of emotion.

"Killua's brother?" Leorio gaped.

"He used those needles to change
the shape of his face?!" Kurapika observed. That's an odd way to disguise yourself.

"I heard that you cut up Mom and Milluki." Illumi referred to when Killua ran away.

"I guess." Killua nervously responded.

"Mom was crying." He stated.

"Anyone would cry if their
son did that to them." Leorio spoke up.

"Tears of joy." Illumi finished. Wow. His family really is weird.

"She was so happy to see that you'd grown up. But she was worried about you leaving home, so she asked me to check up on you." He looked down at Killua, who was frozen in fear.

"What a coincidence. I didn't know you wanted to be a Hunter. I'm trying to get a license for my next job." Illumi explained.

"I don't really want to be a Hunter. I just felt like taking the exam." Killua shakily replied.

"I see... That's a relief. Then I have some advice for you. You're not cut out to be a Hunter." He emotionlessly spoke. I tensed. This guy is starting to get on my nerves.

"You were born to be... a killer." He peered down at Killua. Something deep within me sparked. I felt an unbelievable amount of rage starting to bubble, and I tried to supress it.

"You're a puppet of darkness, without passion. You don't want anything or wish for anything. As one who lives in the shadows, you can only feel pleasure when people die. That's how Dad and I raised you. What would you accomplish
by becoming a Hunter?" Illumi spoke, breaking Killua. I took a deep breath, trying to hide my anger.

"True, I don't desire to become a Hunter. But... I do have something I want..." Killua spoke up.

"You don't." Illumi responded.

"I do! There's something I really want." Killua shouted. Something about his tone, stirred something within me. It made me feel terrible.

"Tell me what it is that you want." Illumi asked. Silence. Killua hesitated to respond

"What's wrong? There's nothing you really want, is there?" He titled his head at Killua.

"That's not it! I... I want to become friends with Gon... I'm sick of killing people... I want to become friends with Gon, and to live a normal life..." Killua explained. There's that tone again. It made my heart ache. What is this feeling?

"That's impossible. You'll never be able to make friends. Your only concern when you meet someone is whether you should kill them. That's how you were trained." Illumi replied. More rage started to build up, and I tried to keep it down.

"You just don't know how to classify Gon because he's too radiant for your eyes. You don't actually want to become friends with him." He stared down ar Killua.

"You're wrong..." Killua mumbled.

"If you stay with him, you'll end up wanting to kill him one day. You'll get the urge to see if you can kill him or not. Because you have the soul of a killer. As we mentioned before..." Illumi's words enraged me. Who is he to tell Killua what to think? How to feel?