Chapter 60

"When you saw we couldn't win with this lineup, you decided to lose deliberately, and gather information, huh?" A tall man with dark hair stated as he looked down at the four of us.

"But once a party has lost, they can't make another attempt." The man in yellow stated.

"But it's okay if we simply switch out one member. It was a worthwhile risk." A guy behind him spoke up.

"You can count us out." The woman stated. "We've accomplished our original objective, keeping the Bombers from completing the game. It will be impossible for them to assemble a team of fifteen. You should probably give up on this contest. If you end up obtaining the card, you'll just become a target."

And with that statement, our entire group left except for the tall man with dark hair.

"They don't get it... It makes sense to obtain this card quickly." He stated as he watched them leave.

"To avoid potential internal conflict." Killua added.

"Exactly." He smiled at the boy.

"You need at least fifteen people to participate. Even if you use Clone, you can only obtain three copies of Strip of Beach. This event was designed to incite infighting." Killua explained.

"That's what you meant. I had to think about that, since I didn't understand right away." He referred to when the man said that this task was brutal.

"Assuming that we four are capable of winning, we still need four more up to the task. And ideally, they'd already
be in a party of eleven. Do you have any leads?" The man asked.

Gon summoned his book and scanned the numerous names.

"Looking at the names on my list, Chrollo's probably the strongest." He stated.

"But Kurapika said he's definitely a fake." Killua interjected.

"Who is it, then?" Gon asked.

"Well, it could be a Troupe member." I replied, bringing a finger to my chin.

"Why would a member of the Troupe be here?" Gon tilted his head.

"Maybe to beat the game?" Killua suggested.

"But wouldn't they have used their own name?" I asked.

"That's true." He shook his head.

"Try using Clairvoyance." The man spoke up.

"Huh?" Gon turned towards him.

"If this person isn't here to beat the game, they won't bother to collect cards." He explained.

"Oh, that's right." Gon nodded, and used Clairvoyance. I read the screen.

0 cards in restricted slots
6 cards in free slots

"This guy's not even trying." Killua stated as he leaned over the book.

"His only cards are for food and water." Gon spoke as he looked through his information.

"Imagining a Troupe member playing this game like this is really funny." I snickered as I read the limited items they had.

"That makes it easier to invite them." The man stated.

"But if it really is a member of the Troupe, we won't invite them. We'll just ask a few questions." Gon explained.

"Then there's no point in bothering. Since it's definitely one of them." Killua countered.

"Finding out who they are is important,
but I'd rather learn why they're here!" Gon argued.

"Are you an idiot?! You're just gonna ask them why they're here?! They aren't going to tell you!" Killua screamed. I watched them bicker back and forth, letting out a yawn.