Chapter 28

I woke up to somebody aggressively shaking my shoulders. They had already pulled me into a sitting position as they shook me back and forth.

"Jeez... Knock it off..." I grumbled as I tiredly opened my eyes. My sight adjusted to see Killua staring at me, his hands still on my shoulders.

"Took you long enough. While you were busy sleeping, Gon and I actually worked and tried to find a way to buy Greed Island." He crossed his arms, leaning away from me.

"You make it sound like I could have helped. I hadn't even seen a game before today. I only would have gotten in the way." I retorted and the boy scoffed.

"Yeah, your sleeping body got in the way." Killua grumbled and I laughed.

"Oops, haha..." I sheepishly scratched the back of my head.

"What are you talking about, Killua? You kept looking at Korudo sleep-." Gon spoke up from the doorway and Killua sprinted over to him, covering his mouth.

"Gon! Haha, you're so weird! I don’t know what you're talking about!" Killua quickly sputtered and I raised a brow at him.

"You were..." I stated slowly and Killua's face burned.

"Anyways, let's go eat! That's why I woke your lazy ass up." Killua pointed down the hall, and I picked myself up off the floor.

"Okay!" I grinned as I ran down the stairs. I love Aunt Mito's cooking!

Once I entered the kitchen to sit at the table, I saw Mr. Shiro already sitting there.

"Why are you always here?" I asked the man and he shrugged.

"We may have moved to this island, but we don't really have a house yet." He replied and I nodded.

"Woah, this looks delicious! What's the special occasion?" Gon beamed as he saw the table covered in food.

"Well I figured you wouldn't be visiting again for awhile." Aunt Mito replied and Gon smiled sadly at her.

We dug into the food, and it was delicous.

"Man, why can't you cook like this, Mr. Shiro!" I turned to the man to see a chicken leg already crammed halfway down his throat. He quickly chewed it as he glared at me.

"Well I'm way better than you, that's for sure!" He defended himself and I laughed.

"So what's going on between you and Mr. Wing?" Killua smirked as Mr. Shiro almost choked on his food.

"Nothing. Why do you ask?" He pretended like he didn't just react like that, as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Come on! It's obvious you two have something going on!" Killua argued, and Mr. Shiro crossed his arms.

"You're too young to hear about that." Mr. Shiro replied, and both Killua and I started gagging. Aunt Mito laughed quietly, Gon's grandma said nothing, and Gon looked confused.

"Gross, Mr. Shiro! I'm eating!" I complained and pushed my plate away, losing my appetite.

"Hey, you guys asked me!" He responded.

"Killua asked, not me!" I argued and Killua laughed from next to me.

○●○

"So we're leaving tomorrow morning?" I asked and the boys nodded. We were currently sitting on the floor in Gon's room. My face paled as I realized what leaving meant.

"W-We... we have to...." I trailed off with a look of horror.

"Yes. We have to take a boat." Killua sighed and I fell onto the floor.