Chapter 8

I groaned obnoxiously as I sluggishly walked through the forest. It's been hours since the phase started, and I'm never going to find number 64. I've got to be incredibly lucky to just run into them. I ran my hand down my face in boredom and frustration.

My eyes widened as I felt something zooming towards me. I quickly dodged the object and looked down at it. A stick? I looked at where the stick came from and was suprised to see a familiar head of white fluffy hair.

"Why'd you do that, Snowball!" I yelled at Killua as he walked towards me. I picked up the stick and held it behind my back. A mischievous grin consumed my face.

"I didn't know it was you. I don't regret it though." Killua carelessly replied. I broke the stick behind me in half, and swiftly put them in his hair. I laughed as they stuck out of his hair like arms.

"Now you're a snowman! Haha!" I doubled over and held my stomach. I heard him growl, and I felt the sticks hit my back.

"You're so stupid! Why'd I have to run into you." He grumbled. I straightened up again, and looked at his irritated face.

"Just pretend I'm Gon. Wait!" I paused as I picked up one half of the stick. "Imma fishin'!" I yelled and pretended to reel the stick like a fishing rod. Killua facepalmed and sighed.

"Have you even found your target?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. Have you?" I questioned. He only looked away, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"No..." Killua mumbled, barely audible. I brought a hand to my ear. "Sorry, what was that? I couldn't quite hear you." I teased, a smirk gracing my face.

"I SAID NO, YOU IDIOT!" He screamed in my ear and I reeled back. "Alright man! Chill out!" I held my hands over my ears and he smirked in triumph.

I sensed somebody's presense not too far away. They arrived with Killua, meaning they were following him and not me. I looked in their direction, and sighed.

"You know somebody is following you right?" I whispered to Killua.

"I know that!" He yelled.

"Quit yelling!" I shouted at him.

"You're being just as loud!" He shot back.

"You started it!" I childishly argued.

"Shut up! That doesn't matter!" He replied. We were both pulled out of our immature dispute by a gruff voice.

"Haha! Children out here? What a joke! And one of them just happens to be my target! This will be easy." A buff man boomed from the bushes not too far from us. We both turned to him unimpressed. Killua stared at him blankly, and I wore an expression of pure boredom.

I scratched the back of my head, and looked at him. He continued to laugh in arrogance. "Are you done yet?" I asked him, and he abruptly stopped. His face was now contorted in anger. This guy has a different presence than the one following Killua, so it wasn't the same guy.

"You dare disrespect me, little girl?" He stepped closer to us and loomed over me. "Uh yeah. I guess." I stared back up at him. "Well am I glad you're my target! I'm going to beat you to a pulp!" He screamed at me.

"Real classy. Threatening to beat up children." I sassily remarked. Killua had back away to the sidelines awhile ago, leaving this man to me. He boredly watched us, his hands in his pockets.

"You're an annoying little brat! I'll teach you some manners! With my fists!" He bellowed and I scoffed. What kind of threat is that?

The man charged at me, and I stepped out of the way. He growled and pulled out a long spear. Lovely. He stopped, and stood in front of me. He screamed, and began to try and stab me with the spear.