Chapter 37

Gon decided to call Kurapika as we walked back to the room where Leorio hopefully was.

"Hey, Kurapika?" Gon suddenly spoke up. " Oh good, we finally got a hold of you." He smiled.

I shot my head over to him, suprised Kurapika actually picked up. We stopped walking as Gon talked on the phone.

"Yeah, can you talk right now?" Gon asked. There was a pause, meaning Kurapika was speaking.

"Wait! Just give me a minute! I have something I really need to tell you! Killua, Korudo, and I found the Troupe. Actually, they kind of caught us." Gon admitted.

"What in the hell were you thinking?! Do you have any idea how dangerous they are?!" I heard Kurapika scream through the phone. Killua reached his hand out, signalling Gon to give him the phone.

"My turn." He stated as he took the phone.

"I thought I knew, until we met them. They're really tough. As it stands, we don't have a chance against them. That's why we need your help." Killua said and I sighed.

"And we want to help you too." Gon added and leaned over to the phone, so Kurapika could hear him.

"This isnt a game. I'm not going to help you get yourselves killed." I heard Kurapika's voice on the other side of the phone.

"We found their base. Want to know where it is?" Killua offered with a smirk.

"I have my own sources." Kurapika replied, and Killua faltered.

"We learned some of their abilities, want to know about them?" Killua asked, trying to lure Kurapika out.

"That's enough. Just stay away from Phantom Troupe." He replied sternly.

"You're the chain user who killed one of them, right? You do realize that they're dead set on finding you? But if you wont even consider us as your friends and equals, then we'll do whatever it takes to make you help us!" Killua yelled, annoyed by Kurapika's stubborn attitude.

"Give it to me." I sighed as I reached my hand out. Killua reluctantly gave me the phone.

"Look, Kurapika. You already got us into this mess by killing one of them. They wouldn't let us go in case we knew something about this "chain user." Of course, we didn't know it was you at the time, so we didn't give them any information. But you already dragged us into this, so the least you can do is accept our help." I stated, and Kurapika stayed silent.

"I suppose that's true..." He mumbled, barely audible. Gon reached for the phone, taking it from me.

"Kurapika. One of the Phantom Troupe guys started crying right in front of us. He said he could never forget who killed his friend. And then when I saw him do that, it made me really angry. I couldn't forgive them. Look, we want to stop them, too! So please, Kurapika." Gon pleaded, and there was a long pause.

"I'll... call you back later." Kurapika stated before hanging up.

"Well, that could have gone worse." I shrugged as we continued to walk down the street.

"I swear, if he doesn't let us help I'll punch him in the face!" Killua grumbled, and I laughed.

"Yelling at him won't do you any good. This is Kurapika we're talking about." I laughed as the boy fumed.

"Yay! He said he'd call us back!" Gon cheered, and ran down the street.

"H-Hey! Wait up!" I exclaimed as I ran after him.

"Don't just run off like that, idiot!" Killua yelled at Gon as he ran next to me.

We opened the door to the room to see Leorio and Zepile drinking some sort of alcohol on the floor.