Chapter 44

Since some of you guys were wondering what Jiroku looks like, I drew him. Yes, I made him hot, you're welcome. Shiro is on left, Jiroku is on the right.

Also, LOOK AT THIS AMAZING FANART OF KORUDO BY Samantha86775 please go show this amazing artist some support

Also, LOOK AT THIS AMAZING FANART OF KORUDO BY Samantha86775 please go show this amazing artist some support. I'm so happy that somebody drew Korudo! Anyways, on with the story! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat next to Killua, squirming in my dress. This thing sucks. Who would voluntarily wear a dress?!

I looked around among the hundreds of people in the room. The auction had started, but I didn't pay attention to any of the items. I leaned back in my seat and sighed.

"This is boring..." I complained, and Killua looked down at my slouched body.

"This is the world's biggest auction, and you think it's boring?!" He stared at me incrediously, and I looked up at him with a frown.

"Yeah. I said what I said. This is boring as hell." I sighed, and Killua's eye twitched. He crossed his arms as he watched me slide further down into my seat.

"Korudo! You're going to fall!" I heard Gon chime in from the other side of Killua. I looked at the boy to see him leaning forwards, staring at me as I continued to slowly slide down. Zepile was also looking at me from next to Gon.

"Yeah, that's the goal." I replied, and Gon sweatdropped. Killua scoffed, and grabbed the back of my collar. He dragged me back up into a normal seated position.

"You're going to attract attention." He warned, and I shrugged. Killua's eyes lingered on me for a second. His gaze switched between my eyes, and the bandage on my cheek. I saw a glimpse of guilt in his eyes, which was quickly hidden again.

"Wha-" I started before being interrupted by a woman's loud voice.

"Our next item is the legendary game, Greed Island!" She announced, and both Killua and I turned to the front of the room, eyeing the console on the stage.

"Let's take a look at the mysterious
power this game contains!" She exclaimed, and a weirdly dressed man stomped over to the console. He was holding a huge hammer, and raised it over his head. He swung the hammer down, the weapon clashing against the console. The table broke, and bits of wood scattered around the stage.

Despite the destruction, the console sat in the middle of the stage. It looked completely untouched, and didn't have a scratch on it. My eyes lit up at the scene, and I leaned forward in my seat with interest.

"Woah! So cool!" I gushed at the preformance, and the boys sweatdropped at my behavior.

"As you can see, there is a mysterious power that protects the console from any damage, as long as someone is playing inside." The woman explained. The huge screen behind her suddenly changed to a picture of a man.