Chapter 39

"No." Killua stated sternly as Gon asked if we were still hunting the Spiders.

Kurapika had gotten something called a text from Hisoka saying that the Troupe was still alive. I wasn't suprised to hear this news. However, I was suprised to hear that the mafia was taking their bounty off of the Troupe.

"Huh? Why not? You were the one who wanted to capture the Phantom Troupe." Gon asked the boy.

"It'd be pointless now." Killua replied.

"But why?" Gon tilted his head.

"With the reward gone, you'd be taking a big risk for nothing." Killua sighed.

"Yeah, but capturing the Phantom Troupe would be worth it!" Gon beamed.

"You're getting your priorities mixed up. Have you forgotten why we're here?" Killua yelled, getting in Gon's face.

"Greed Island." Gon nervously laughed.

"Yeah Gon, you can't play Greed Island if you're dead." I spoke up and the boy pouted.

"Exactly! The Southern Piece auction begins in two days. We need to build up our war chest!" Killua shouted, agreeing with me for once.

"Actually, I have a great plan to get the game." Gon countered, and I perked up.

"Oh?" I leaned closer to the boys with interest.

"What's your plan?" Killua raised a brow at him.

"It's a secret right now!" Gon grinned and I sighed. Killu suddenly pulled Gon into a headlock. I stepped back as he flailed within Killua's grasp.

"Stop being coy, and spit it out!" Killua demanded, and Gon continued to squirm.

"You're strangling me! I'm going to die!" Gon choked out. I lifted my leg and kicked Killua away from Gon. He stumbled back and I laughed.

"Korudo! I was teaching him a lesson!" Killua yelled, his annoyance now directed towards me.

"Yeah by teaching him a lesson, you mean killing him. Man, you're going to be the one to kill him before the Spiders do." I sighed, and Killua growled. He crossed his arms and turned away from me childishly.

"Anyway, I'll work something
out for the game. So for now, let's stick to the Troupe." Gon interviened, and Killua turned to him.

"Do you really have a plan?" He eyed Gon suspicously.

"Yep, but it's not guaranteed to work." Gon replied.

"Really? How likely is it to work?" I asked, also turning to Gon.

"Huh?" Gon tilted his head in confusion.

"What percentage do you think your plan has of working?" Killua restated my question.

"Seventy percent." Gon replied with a grin.

"Really?!" I gasped.

"Seventy?" Killua shot Gon an unconvinced look.

"M-Maybe more like sixty..." Gon sheepishly smiled, and I sighed. So it's probably fifty-fifty.

"Okay, have it your way. I'll let you handle the game. But we can't deal with the Troupe alone. We only move if Kurapika helps us." Killua stated.

"Okay." Gon smiled and started walking ahead of us.

"I bet you want Kurapika to say no, don't you?" I smirked as I spoke quietly to Killua.

"Where'd you get that idea from?!" He scoffed, crossing his arms.

"From your reaction just now." I replied, latching my arms behind my back as we walked over to Kurapika.