Chapter 29

I flinched when I felt somebody stroking my hair. What the hell? I shot up in panic, only to be face to face with a suprised Killua.

"Killua?! Were you touching my hair?" I asked, slightly disoriented.

"No. You're weird." He replied and I narrowed my eyes at him. Just then, I realized my hair was down as it hung over my shoulders.

"Why is my hair down?! Where's my hairband?!" I looked around the room for my hairband, wanting to put my hair back up.

"It broke." Killua stated and I snapped my head towards him.

"What do you mean it broke?!" I exclaimed as he blankly stared at me.

"I don't know. It just snapped." He shrugged. I stared at him for a second before sighing. I sat on a crate, bringing a hand up to my hair.

"I should really carry a spare one around." I mumbled as Killua looked up at me from the floor.

"Why do you keep it up all the time anyways? It looks better like that." Killua stated casually, and my face grew slightly red.

"W-Well it gets in my way a lot. Plus, I don't really like my hair in general, so there's that." I admitted and I heard Killua scoff.

"That's stupid. It looks fine." He spoke as he crossed his arms. My eyes widened at the strange compliment. I then felt a pang of panick strike me as I remembered where I was.

"Holy shit! Is the storm gone?! You know what, it doesn't even matter! The ocean is going to kill us all anyways!" I jumped up in distress as I paced back and forth.

"Calm down, Korudo. The storm is gone, but we still have awhile until we arrive." I heard Killua speak as I stopped in front of his sitting form.

"I can't wait that long! Shit, what if we die, Killua?!" I panicked and he sighed. I felt him grab my wrist, pulling me down to the floor next to him.

"We're not going to die, idiot. Just pretend we're not in a boat." He stated and I leanded my head back against the wall.

"That's kind of hard to do when the whole room constantly rocks back and forth from the waves." I bluntly stated and Killua looked at me.

"Why don't you distract yourself by telling me why you're so terrified of water." He suggested and I ran my hand down my face, groaning loudly.

"No." My tone was stern and Killua looked slightly suprised.

"Hmph. Fine." Killua crossed his arms in annoyance. I sighed. The boat continued to rock agressively, and a loud clap of thunder sounded from outside.

"Killua! I thought you said the storm was gone!" I screamed as I started to panick even more.

"I lied." He bluntly replied and I wanted to slap that stupid blank look off his face.

"Whyyy." I whined as I tried to ignore the raging waves mercilessly throwing the boat around.

"So you wouldn't freak out." He replied and I sighed.

"Well that didn't work." I frowned as I looked at the floor, trying to calm myself down.

"Clearly." He sighed as he saw my tense body.

Another boom of thunder ripped through the air, and the boat swung to the side, shoving everybody to the side. I inhaled sharply as I instinctively hugged Killua's arm. I looked up at him to see him staring at me in suprise.

"Oh, uh... sorry..." I mumbled as I was about to let his arm go.

"No. It's fine. You can stay there." Killua spoke and my eyes widened in suprise. I continued to hug his arm, his presense bringing me some kind of comfort.