Chapter 23

I yawned obnoxiously and stretched as I woke up. I dragged myself up into a sitting position and looked blankly at the wall. Movement over to my right caught my attention and I snapped my head in the direction, my aura spiking.

"Hey! Chill out Korudo, it's just me." Killua put his hands up in defense as he sat on the couch.

"Oh yeah... I forgot you were here." I relaxed and stared blankly at him. Our conversation from last night flooded through my head.

"Noo! I told you things! This is so embarassing!" I dramatically screamed, covering my face with my hands.

"You're only making it worse." Killua bluntly replied before standing up and walking over to me.

"But I'm glad you told me those things last night." He admitted quietly and I looked up at him in suprise.

"Because you're so annoying with all your little secrets!" He finsished loudly, poking me in the head. I hit his hand away, covering my forehead where he poked me.

"Whatever." I replied, crossing my arms. I looked out the window near my bed as rays of light flooded into the room.

"Where'd you go after the Hunter Exam. I'm dying to know." Killua stated. I looked back over to him with a poker face.

"Guess you're just going to have to die then." I stubbornly replied, refusing to tell him.

"Korudo! Please. You know where I went after the Exam!" He pleaded in a whiny voice. I dragged my hand down my face and groaned loudly.

"Fiiiine." I sighed dramatically and he lit up.

"Really!?" He brightened, hope lacing his voice. I looked at him incrediously.

"Damn, you really want to know huh?" I smirked at his mood change. He was now looking away, crossing his arms.

"Just tell me already!" He demanded and I scoffed.

"Okay, calm down. I went home. Just like you." I vaugly replied and he perked up.

"Home? Why?" He looked back at me curiously, forgetting his earlier annoyance.

"Mr. Shiro sent me a letter. It was right after we got our license. I was planning on going with Gon to get you back, but Mr. Satotz gave me that letter, and it changed my plans." I explained. Killua listened intently, interested in my answer.

"What'd it say?" Killua asked, leaning towards me in engagement.

"You ask too many questions." I replied, leaning away from the boy. An irk mark appeared on his head.

"Answer my questions the first time, and maybe I wouldn't ask so many, stupid!" Killua scolded me and I pouted.

"It said Jiroku was still alive. He had already found Mr. Shiro, and was hunting me down. I went back to save Mr. Shiro." I truthfully replied, saying Jiroku's name with pure malice.

"Who's Jiroko?" Killua raised a brow. I stood up abruptly.

"Shouldn't you be training? Go do your water stuff." I shooed Killua out of my room, not wanting to answer any more questions. He glared at me as I pushed him out the door.

"But-" Killua started before I slammed the door on his face. I walked back to my bed and flopped down on it. I groaned as our conversation replayed in my head.

"I said too much to that brat." I complained as I turned onto my stomach, pressing my hands into my face.

"I can hear you! I'm still here!" Killua's muffled voice sounded on the other side of my door.