Chapter 10

I sat on a bench in the airship, gazing out the window. I stared down at the city below me, amazed at the view. I wish I was a bird. That'd be awesome.

I was pulled out of my weird thoughts by the presense of somebody walking towarda me. I looked up to see Killua making his way over to me. He then sat on the bench next to me. I was slightly suprised to see him willingly hanging around me.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, giving him a suspicious look.

"Can I not just sit down and look out the window?" Killua responded, slightly offended.

"No. You can't. So why are you here?" I turned fully to him, crossing my arms. He definitely wants something. He wouldn't optionally sit next to me.

"I was just wondering..." He started. I let out an obnoxious sigh. His eyebrow twitched. Why is he so nosy?

"How do you do that thing you do? You know, with the ice?" He asked, curiosity consuming his face. He wasn't glaring at me or rolling his eyes. Just curiously gazing at me. It was kind of cute... WHAT?! No! He's an arrogant brat! Not cute! I'm going insane!

My thoughts were interrupted by a hand waving in my face.

"Quit it!" I exclaimed, swatting his hand away. "Well you were spacing out! Now are you going to answer my question?" He responded. He's asking about my nen? Weird.

"No. I'm not going to answer it." I stated, closing my eyes.

"What?! Why?" He shouted. Man.. he really wants to know.

"Because its not my place to say." I tried to imply that I wasn't fit to teach nen. But of course, he didn't understand.

"That doesn't make any sense! It's your technique!" He yelled, standing up, and pointing at me.

"I have an announcement for all applicants. The Chairman wishes to interview the remaining candidates." Our dispute was interrupted by a voice over the speaker.

"Whatever. Forget it." Killua begrudgingly let his question go.

"When your number is called, please come to the first reception room,
on the second floor. Then we will start with number 44, Hisoka." The voice announced. I tensed at Hisoka's name, and Killua noticed.

"Why'd you do that?" His eyes sharpened as they scanned me.

"Do what?" I asked, acting clueless. I knew he was talking my reaction to the mention of Hisoka.

"Flinch when he said Hisoka's name." He bluntly replied.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I looked away. I felt Killua hit the top of my head. "Oww..." I mumbled, holding my head.

"I told you to stop lying, idiot!" He yelled at me.

"Okay okay! It's because I ran into him during the last phase!" I admitted. Killua faltered for a second, suprised.

"You ran into him?" He questioned, no longer yelling.

"Yeah. He said he wanted to play examiner or something. Then he attacked me. He was wearing that creepy smile the whole time..." I explained. Killua's eyes widened.

"You fought him?! Are you hurt?!" He exclaimed. My eyes widened in shock.

"Killua... are you.... worried?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"What? Tch. No! Of course not! I was just trying to see if you were strong enough to take on Hisoka!" He bashfully yelled, making excuses and looking away. I smirked, letting out a chuckle