Chapter 22

3rd Person P.O.V

"After losing to Killua and Korudo, Riehlvelt's record stands at 5-3,
leaving him no more chances. As you know, after four losses, you're out of the contest. You'll have to start over from the beginning." The commentator, Cocco yelled as the crowd cheered.

"He appears wary of Gon's speed, as he already has his whips out. Meanwhile, Gon isn't carrying his fishing rod... How does he plan to fight?" She finished.

Korudo and Killua sat up in the stands, watching the battle with interest.

"Begin!" The referee shouted, and Riehlvelt immidietly took his whips out.

Korudo once again tensed at the weapon. She mentally scolded herself for showing a physical reaction towards the whips.

Killua noticed Korudo's change in behavior and looked over at her. She stared intently at the whips, a stressed look in her eye. He observed her expression and thought back to her previous battle with Riehlvelt.

He had noticed she was a bit distracted during her match. 'Why though? Did it have something to do with the whips?' Killua wondered as he continhed to analyze her.

"Oh? Gon is squatting?" Cocco's loud voice pulled Killua out of his thoughts. He reluctantly tore his gaze away from Korudo, and looked towards the arena.

Gon was wedging his hands under the tile. He then flipped it up again, and flung it at Riehlvelt.

With little time to react, Riehlvelt blasted around the concrete in the nick of time. However, Gon was way ahead of him, and landed on his wheelchair. Riehlvelt panicked as Gon stopped the wheels with his legs.

Gon loomed over Riehlvelt and grabbed his wrists. He squeezed them, and a sickening cracking noise emitted from Riehlvelt as Gon gripped his wrists. He screamed out in pain, dropping his whips.

Gon got off of him, and grabbed the whips. He latched the snake heads onto Riehlvelt's and looked curiously at the switch.

Korudo closed her eyes, trying to clear her thoughts. She's been thinking more about Jiroku these past months since she's learned he's alive. It scared the shit out of her, but she refused to admit it.

She never tells anybody, but she has nightmares of the man often. Her knowledge of him being alive doesn't help the nightmares in the slightest bit.

She hung her head as she tried to rid the haunting images of the shed from her mind. Memories of her friend being strung up and torn apart before her eyes plauged her mind as she tried to ignore it.

Korudo's movement caught Killua's eye and he looked over at her. Suprise filled him as he saw her leaning over, a hand laced through her hair as she stared at her lap. His face contorted into concern, and he mentally thanked himself that she couldn't see him.

He was torn between watching Gon's fight, and figuring out what was happening with Korudo. He let out a breath and closed his eyes. He hesitantly looked back to the ring, deciding to interrogate Korudo later.

"This is the switch? Let's see... I'll turn the power to maximum." Gon stated as he dragged the switch all the way to the top of the handle.

"S-Stop..." Riehlvelt begged as Gon threatened to fry him.

"Switch..." Gon slowly reached for the on button.

"Stop it!" Riehlvelt screamed in terror.

"On!" Gon yelled, but nothing happened. Riehlvelt fell to the grlund, foaming at the mouth. He had passed out from complete fear.

"Just kidding." Gon laughed as he stuck his tongue out at the limp man.

"Riehlvelt has fallen unconscious! Our winner is Gon!" Cocco announced and Gon walked away into a tunnel.