Chapter 4

About an hour passed by and I was now lying on the ground with my legs propped up on the wall in front of me. The sound of footsteps caught my attention, and I sighed out in relief. Took them long enough.

Eventually, a familiar group of males turned the corner to see me lounging around.

"Hey! Nice to see you again, Korudo!" Gon happily waved and walked towards me.

"Yo." I smirked and waved lazily back at the boy.

"Great. Just my luck." Killua rolled his eyes when he saw me, and I snickered at his comment.

"I don't believe we've met. I'm Kurapika, nice to meet you." A blonde walked over to me. Oh! Its that guy who I'd thought would pass the second phase with his burger thing.

"I'm Korudo." I sat up and stretched. Kurapika only nodded.

"And the loud one is Leorio." Kurapika added, pointing to a tall black haired male. I slowly nodded, noting his insult to Leorio.

"You'll see." Kurapika sighed, crossing his arms.

"In front of you are six prisoners, you will participate in several one on ones with the prisoners. In order to pass to the next stage, you need to win four rounds." The voice sounded over the speakers again

"What should we do? He said that we can fight with any method." Killua spoke up.

"So that means anything goes." I finished Killua's thought and earned a glare from him.

"We don't know what they'll try to pull..." Leorio mumbled.

"There's too much at stake without knowing what they have up their sleeves. Given that, I shall-" Kurapika was suddenly interrupted by Tonpa.

"No, I'll go!" Tonpa shouted. Woah. I didn't even realize he was there.

"Tonpa?" Gon quietly questioned. I lookes over at Gon to see a worried expression across his face.

"I'll act as a guinea pig, so we can discover what they're up to. Consider this an apology for before." Tonpa said, trying to persuade everyone to let him go first. Yes! Please let him go.

"Hey, are you serious?" Leorio said in disbelief.

"Sure. Plus, you guys don't actually
trust me, right? Do you really want me to be the tiebreaker, when the score is 3-3?" Tonpa calmly stated.

"That's fine with me." I shrugged. I just want to see Tonpa get his face smashed in.

"You have a point..." Leorio mumbled.

"Then it's settled." Kurapika finalized.

"Tonpa, you're..." Leorio trailed off in amazement and shock.

"I didn't expect Tonpa to volunteer. He called himself a guinea pig." Kurapika mumbled, thinking out loud.

"Will Tonpa be okay?" Gon asked as Tonpa walked to the platform.

"I hope not." I snickered, earning a confused glace from Gon.

"I didn't even realize he was here until now. Oh no! Now I have to deal with Tonpa and Killua! This just isn't my day!" I complained and Killua snapped his head towards me, and irk mark appearing.