Chapter 9

I dragged myself through the forest, trailing behind Killua.

"Would you hurry up!" Killua turned and shouted at me.

"This is so boring! All we've been doing is walking!" I whined. He scoffed.

"All you do is complain. Maybe that's why you're so tired." He insulted.

"And all you ever do is nag." I mumbled.

"What was that?" He stopped walking.

"Oh nothing.~" I clasped my hands together and looked away, playing innocent. Killua sighed.

"Whats even more annoying than you, is the guy following us." Killua looked in the direction the man was pathetically hiding.

"He's following you, not me." I smugly stated. I pulled out my target's badge, number 64, and waved it in his face. Killua's eye twtiched.

"Tch. I take it back. You're more annoying." He sharply turned his back to me. I snickered at his annoyance.

"You're wasting your time. I'll never give you an opening to attack." Killua called out to the stranger. Nothing happened.

"Man..." I mumbled, disappointed he didn't show himself.

"If you're not gonna show yourself,
I'll come to you." Killua looked directly at the spot he was hiding. I could tell the stalker was panicked. Killua started walking towards him.

"What a pain... You're only worth one point to me." Killua whined.

"Who's complaining now?" I teased, crossing my arms. He turned back to me and glared.

"Bro!" A new voice sounded from the forest. I shifted my gaze from Killua to behind him. Killua also turned back around to see two people talking to the bush where the stalker was.

"We ran into some trouble. You're done, right?" One of them said. I identified them as two of the three brothers I've seen around the exam. That means Killua's little stalker is the third brother.

"You idiot!" They yelled at their brother as they shifted their gaze to Killua and I.

"You can't even beat two little kids?" He screamed at his brother. I laughed. They're fun to watch. Killua gave me a weird look, after hearing me laugh.

"Y-You got it wrong, Amori!" The stranger revealed himself to be the brother in blue.

"I-I didn't want to hurt little kids! So I figured I'd take it while they slept!" He lied, trembling before his brothers. I stiffled my laughter, trying to keep quiet.

"You're lying through your teeth!" He yelled back, calling him out.

"F-Fine! If you insist, that leaves me no choice. Time for a beat down." A newborn confidence surged through the younger brother as he turned to us.

"Hey, kid. Just give me your tag. Do as I say, and I won't hurt you. You too girl, the more tags I have the better." He tried to bargain. I guess he didn't see my fight with number 64. If he had, he would have just about pissed himself or something.

"Nah. I'm staying out of this one." I stated, crossing my arms.

"Idiot." Killua insulted the brother.

"Don't say I didn't warn you!" He screamed, kicking Killua in the stomach. Much to my suprise, Killua grabbed my arm, dragging me with him.

I landed on top of him. I propped myself up, my arms on either side of his head. We were both frozen for a second. We stared at each other in the awkward position before I snapped out of it.