Chapter 50

I redrew realistic-ish korudo you can find it in my artbook💋

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A disease is going around the island." One of the bandits stated before falling into a coughing fit.

We all sat around a little boy who was bundled up in a blanket. His breath was labored, and beads of sweat dripped down his face as he struggled to sleep. It was obvious he had a fever, and so did most of the little village.

"It starts with a mild fever, grows to a high fever, and eventually leads to death." The man continued between coughs. I sighed, not taking my eyes off the little boy.

"All we can do is use medicine to keep the fever in check. But the medicine will only work for a week." An old man spoke up, and I finally looked away from the boy. Gon and Killua sat beside me, a blank expression on their faces. That blonde girl from earlier sat about a foot behind us, completely silent.

"It's also incredibly expensive, and we've run out of money..." The man choked out. "We've all fallen ill, so we're unable to do any bandit work."

"Can we catch it?" Gon asked, and I jumped.

"Aw man! Get away from me, you walking viruses! I don't want to die in such a lame way!" I childishly exclaimed as I crawled backwards. I felt somebody grip my hand, and yank me back forwards, halting my chaotic scramble backwards.

"Settle down, idiot. It's probably just a scenario. You know, part of the game." Killua explained, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god..." I then realized when he pulled me forwards, it was more than just back to my original spot. I was sprawled over Killua's lap, and I quickly sprung off of him, embarrassed I was in that position in front of everyone.

I looked over at Killua's face to see a tinge of pink sprinkling his cheeks. I hesitently looked back at the blonde girl behind us to see her narrowing her eyes at the two of us. She held her chin in her hand as she seemed to be analyzing what just happened.

"My son only has two or three days to live!" The man from before exclaimed as he leaned forwards in my face. I reeled back as he edged closer, pressing myself into Killua and he glanced over at me.

"Could you spare us any money?" The old man asked, leaning towards Gon, causing him to reel back too. Killua sighed, looking forwards as he was sandwiched between Gon and I.

"This is an in-game event, right?" Gon asked as he turned to Killua.

"Let's just throw our money at them." I replied, also looking at Killua. "Wait!" I shouted, making the two boys jolt, and stare at me in surprise.