"you look like a freakin' goddess, cooper." - bughead

after the time jump. bughead got back together when they saw each other again and are invited to alice's fancy benefit gala to raise money

Pulling the curtain across, I stand back from the floor-length mirror to take a good look, smiling when I hear Jughead.

"Oh, Jesus, Mary and Joseph!" I turn, finding Jughead gripping his hair, pacing up and down. He looks at me, opens his mouth, snaps it shut, and starts with the pacing again. I'm quite amused.

He stops stalking and gawps at me again, all wide-eyes and traumatised. "You're not... you.. you can't— Betty.. hon.. oh I can't look at you!" He walks out of the shop, adjusting his groin.

"Get it together Jones! She's wearing this all night!" Toni yells after him but he's already outside.

"So it looks good then?" I ask Toni with a giggle. She nods enthusiastically.

"You look like a freakin' goddess, Cooper." I feel my cheeks redden slightly but quickly regain my posture.

"Well that's the point. I don't get invited to an Alice Cooper organised benefit every night."

"Very true." I let my eyes wander over my dress clad body again. The dress has a high split that reaches up to my thigh, a deep v-lined neck and thin straps over my shoulders. "How's your mother going to react with you and Jug being back together?"

"I honestly don't know, but no matter what she says, it's not her choice." In the corner of my eye I see Jughead outside, sitting on a bench with his flannel covering his lap. "Alright, I'll change now before I'll kill Jughead with this dress." Toni laughs, but nods.

"You sure we should go to this benefit?" Jughead asks as we lay on our bed in the five seasons. My fingers are tracing tender circles over his torso.

"It's part of the reason I came back, Jug. My mother has been working toward this benefit for the past months, she'll hate me if I don't show." Jughead exhales, holding me tighter.

"I know, I'm just— afraid.. I guess? I was never her first choice." He seems suddenly nervous and it makes me smile a little.

He'd always seemed so confident on the outside, but he was so afraid of tiny things like my mother's opinion.

"Jug, you know that no matter what, I'll be with you if I want to. She doesn't get a say in that." I can feel him smile against my neck, pressing gentle kisses below my ear.

A suppressed moan falls over my lips, his mouth driving me crazy. "Christ Jug." He moves down my stomach, until he reaches my thighs. "We have to get ready in a few." I try to think rational, but then his tongue is lapping over me.

"A few is more than enough." He grins and I can already see the stars appear in front of my eyes.

He was right, a few minutes was all we needed. Ten minutes later he was gently wiping me clean, as thoughtful as he'd been seven years ago.

"Now dress up, Jug, we can't be late." He huffs and grumbles a few angry words, but goes to the closet to grab his suit anyway.

I grin at his gruffness, I'd always loved this side of him, pretending to hate everything but deep inside he really didn't mind going.

"You'll get your rewards later tonight if you behave." With that promise I take my dress and disappeare into the bathroom.

I could hear him audibly swallow.

"Watching you drive makes me want you." I tell him, noting how his easy grip on the wheel tightens.