"aren't you like- the serpent king?" - bughead

It was almost like the atmosphere changed as soon as they stepped foot inside the school. Betty could feel it in the air, something had shifted.

And so when she stepped out of the blue and gold and into the corridor, her senses were confirmed.

Groups of leather jackets stood in the hallway, dressed in all black and spiked rings around their fingers. It had been announced that they were coming, but Betty hadn't expected them to be there so soon.

Veronica, obviously, was quite prepared. She had paper schedules and locker codes by hand, ready to help them where needed.

As soon as the entire group of leather was in the building, Veronica started speaking. Chit-chatting about how she wanted them to feel welcome and how they shouldn't be afraid to ask for anything.

A male came stepping out of the group, ink-black hair, eyes as green as sin. "Just give us the damn papers." He grumbled, his voice low and husky and Betty could feel her blood run to her ears.

He was hot.

She was almost afraid to step closer to the group, all the black and leather quite intimidating. But, god, she wanted to step closer. They were intriguing. He was intriguing.

Veronica scoffed at his comment, but started handing out the sets of papers anyway.

"Thanks." The male grinned, grabbing the paper from Veronica's hand before stepping further into the school, the grin still across his face.

Betty didn't even notice it, but she had drawn her lower lip underneath her teeth, biting down on it.

As the papers were handed out, the entire group emerged into the school, looking around with lurking, mischievous eyes

It didn't take long for the school bell to ring, and everyone, including the black haired male, went on a search for their classroom.

Betty couldn't move, she was stuck to her spot beside the blue and gold, watching as the male walked past her to get to his classroom.

For a brief second, his eyes fell on hers, and her heart stopped.

A high blonde ponytail with chapped lips and entrancing green eyes. He'd caught a glimpse of her as he was on his way to his class.

Totally not his type. Or maybe— completely his type.

She was on his mind and in his brain, and then suddenly, in his classroom.

She came in, all shy with her hands clasped together and fiddling with the necklace around her neck. Quickly the blonde slipped toward the front of the class and plopped herself down in a seat.

All he could see of her now was the back of her head, her ponytail bouncing every time she moved.

"Jones!" A voice came from beside him. He snapped his attention away from the blonde.

"What?" He grumbled, annoyed.

"Fangs texted me. Apparently Pea is in algebra threatening to throw punches because some guy accidentally bumped into him." Toni sighed, holding her phone up.

"Fucking hell." Jughead grumbled, his hands in his hair. "It's barely even been 10 minutes."

"What're you gonna do?"

"Nothing. If he's even going to punch a guy out, his ass will be going to detention right away. I don't really care." His eyes focused back on the ponytail, that now sat side to side with flaming red hair. A boy.