"somebody help me!" - bughead

THIS BOOK GOT MORE THAN 30K THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH!!

"Are you sure we should do this?" Jughead asked his girlfriend, both of them standing in front of the former sisters of quiet mercy.

The dusk light of the night made it hard to see which way they had to go. "I'm sure Jug. This weird Gargoyle King crap should end once and forever."

Jughead breathed in a long breath before taking hold of his girlfriend's hand and together sneaking inside the huge mansion.

The darkness inside was even more blinding, as it was hard to see where they were looking at. Both of them had their biggest focus on their laced hands.

"This place is too big to search through together. I'll go right, you go left." She explained, her hand squeezing his softly.

little did she know this was the last squeeze she was ever going to give.

"What? Betty, no. What if something happens? I'm not letting you go alone in this hell hole." Jughead stated, pulling the delicate blonde close against him.

Betty smiled softly and placed a light kiss on his cheek. "I've been here before Jughead, I can take care of myself. I promise that I'll scream if something happens." She said, releasing their hands and giving him one last peck before taking off in the opposite direction.

little did she know it was going to be the last peck she was ever going to give.

Jughead sighed in dissatisfaction but went towards the left side anyway, leaving Betty alone at the right side of the building.

Jughead tiptoed through the corridors, checking in every door to search for something suspicious.

He wasn't actually sure what he was looking for but Betty however was convinced the gargoyle king would be here or something.

Jughead was not sure whether to believe her, but went with her anyways. There was no way he was letting her alone with a possible gargoyle king.

All of the sudden a loud, familiar scream startled Jughead. "Jug!" It sounded, clearly Betty's voice. Jughead's eyes widened and flicked wildly around.

His legs started running back towards the place where he had left Betty. "Somebody help me!" A panicked, horrifying yell then came through.

little did she know that was the last yell she was ever going to shout.

Betty's voice was scared and ripped apart. "Betty.. Betty!" Jughead shouted, running towards the right side of the building and opening every single room there.

No Betty.

His eyes were wild, his legs ran almost automatically and tears started running down his cheeks.

He could only hear a few muffled sobs from Betty before all the sound completely drowned out.

Now he completely lost his mind. He started sprinting through the building, screaming Betty's name over and over again.

Suddenly a gunshot was heard, quickly followed by a loud yelp from Betty and then a loud thump onto the ground.

little did he know that was the last yelp she was ever going to let out.

Jughead's blood froze. His heart skipped a beat. "Betty!!" His shouts became louder and louder by the minute and his legs moved faster and faster.

He felt hysterical, out of control. But the love of his life was in danger and there was no way he was leaving her alone.

When he threw open a certain door, he finally found her. She was laying on the ground, her eyes closed and a pool of blood around her.

Jughead sprinted over to her, his legs buckling beneath him. He broke down next to her, his arms falling about her barely living body.

His tears mixed with the pool of blood that was formed around Betty. "Betts.." He gasped, his arms holding her tight against him. Tears streamed down his face.

He placed her in his lap, his hand lacing with hers. Slowly he started placing several kisses on her mouth, muffling his own sobs. In a way he hoped his kisses would wake her, but in a way he knew it was useless.

Because at that instant, Betty's heart stopped beating and her breaths stopped coming. Jughead continued to kiss her gently. Needing to feel her lips.

People on the outside would've judged him for not calling an ambulance or giving her CPR. However the moment Jughead had found Betty on that floor, practically dead already, he knew there was no use in hoping for her to wake up.

He knew that those kisses were going to be their last. He knew that those breaths were her final ones. And he wanted her to live them in peace. Not with a thousand nurses and wires surrounding her.

So it was just him and her, on the ground, limbs tangled into one another. "I love you." Jughead choked out, kissing Betty once more before carefully placing her back on the ground.

Jughead's tears were unstoppable. He simply didn't have the power to call 911, he could only stare at the beautiful, dead, blonde in front of him.

"You're in a better place now. You can rest." He soothed the words while attaching his lips to her pale forehead.

Cautiously he moved some of her blonde locks out of her face.

His hands picked her up and carried her to the bed that was standing in that same room. He crawled under the sheets next to her, not caring about the blood that was sticking to both of them.

The thing that haunted Jughead the most was the fact that he didn't know who killed Betty, he didn't know who made the love of his life suffer.

But at the moment he was laying with her in that tiny bed, he didn't care. All he cared about was her. And her purple lips. And her closed eyes. And her cold skin.

"At least you can rest now." He whispered once more before drifting away into a sleep, their bodies pressed together.

And she rested. In peace.

this is so sad ): manon x