"you're safe here." - bughead

takes place when Betty runs away from the farm in 3x19

In a quick, reckless movement Betty turned around and started running. Her legs rapidly moving forward one by one as she flew out of the sisters.

"Catch her." She heard Edgar's voice vaguely say before millions of footsteps followed up behind Betty.

Her breathing increased, her legs moved faster. The outside wind hit her and caused her heated up body to shiver slightly.

However she didn't stop. Her pace went quicker and quicker as she heard the creepy voices behind her.

"Join us Betty. Join us Betty." They repeated, all of their voices together.

Betty let her tears roll as she ran, afraid and broken. Finally she reached the car and she jumped inside where her boyfriend was waiting for her.

"Drive Jug!" She yelled when all the farmies started to slam on the windows and scream for Betty.

Jughead quickly started the car and drove away as far as possible, his free hand grazing for Betty's hand, lacing their fingers.

"Calm down love." He whispered when he noticed the tears running down her cheeks.

Betty took a few deep breaths but didn't seem to calm down. So when Jughead was sure Hey were far away enough, he pulled over and stopped the car.

He turned himself to fully face Betty and took her hands in his. "It's okay, you're safe here." His voice was promising.

Betty shot him a weak smile before gesturing him to keep on driving. Jughead didn't listen and instead pulled the teary girl on his lap in the car.

"First I want you to take a deep breath." He demanded, rubbing her back with his fingers.

She inhaled and exhaled as told. "Now wipe those beautiful tears from your pretty face." He whispered, kissing them away.

"I know how difficult your life is at this point. You've almost lost everyone close to you, but I just want you to remember you'll always have me." His words were gently, but truthful.

She leaned forward, kissing him softly. Her salty tears ran in between the kiss.

"I love you." She mumbled, crawling deeper in her boyfriend's chest.

"I love you too baby." Jughead replied, his hands roaming over her arms.

All of the sudden Betty phone started ringing in her pocket. Quickly she grabbed it and answered the caller.

"Hello?" Betty asked, oblivious of who was on the other side of the line.

"B? Finally!" Veronica's familiar voice exclaimed.

"Hey V! What's up?" Betty asked, trying to hide the fact she had been crying just minutes earlier.

"There's something I need to tell you.." Veronica's voice trailed off in sadness.

Betty narrowed her eyebrows slightly, eyeing Jughead in a confused way. "When your dad was transferred to the other prison...there was an accident." Betty felt tears sting her eyes.

"D-did he e-escape?" She asked while she heard Jughead gasp beside her as well, as he had heard the entire conversation.

"Betty... there were no survivors." Betty felt hersteld gasp once more while a tear slipped from her eye.

Jughead started rubbing her arms in comfort. "Oh." She breathed out before her phone fell out of her hand and she broke down into Jughead's chest.

His arm instantly wrapped around her while he placed soft kisses on her hair. "Calm down my love." He whispered, his lips ghosting her ear.

In that single instant all the farmies had caught up with them and came running towards the car. They started slamming the doors again, screaming Betty's name.

"Betty! Join us!" Their voices were loud and intimidating. Jughead quickly released Betty our of his arms and brought his hands back to the steering wheels.

Betty was still settled on Jughead's lap, but there was no time to place her back on her own chair.

Jughead started the car, driving at full speed away from the brainwashed people. Betty had kept on crying, seeing how the only family she had left was trying to force her into some betraying cult.

"Shh.. It's okay." Jughead soothed, one of his hands leaving the steering wheel and holding her head pressed against his heart. He took a hand through her blonde hair.

When they had driven very, very far away from their last spot, ending somewhere in the woods, Jughead stopped the car. Outside the sky was dark, rain now pouring out from it.

Jughead didn't have a single clue where the two of them were, but didn't want to worry Betty. "Calm down baby." He whispered, now wrapping his arms completely around her.

"H-he's d-dead." The words barely came over her lips before she came crashing down into tears again.

Jughead's arms were holding her entire body, his hands softly rubbing her back in a wave of comfort. "I'm so glad you are here, I don't know if I could do this without you." Betty mumbled in his chest, her voice soft but certain.

The two of them sat there for hours, enjoying each other's company while the only sound in the car were Betty's silent sobs. 

"I think we're going to need to spend the night here." Jughead then guiltily admitted after he had spent the past hours trying to find any kind of connection or service, useless. They were literally in the middle of nowhere. 

His words caused Betty's breath to quicken and her sobs to become louder. Jughead took her in his arms once again and carefully shushed her. "Don't worry love. You're safe here, I'll protect you." 

Betty nodded quietly, her head digging deep into his chest. 

"Let me get some blankets from the back, don't move." He demanded and slipped away from beneath her, out of the car. He walked to the back of the car and opened the trunk, quickly taking some blankets before hopping back into the warm car again.

"Get some rest baby." He whispered when the two of them were settled in the car, covered in a few old sheets. "I'll be here, always." By the time he spoke the words Betty was already far asleep. Scared, but safe.

my writing sucks lately lol   manon x