"are you related to betty cooper?" pt. 2 - bughead

"I love you too." She said once the kiss was broken off.

In that moment Jughead couldn't have been happier. That was the until Betty blurted out the next words.

"Sophia is yours." Her hands instantly slapped in front of her mouth when she spoke the three words.

Jughead gasped and his eyes widened wider than ever. "W-what?" The word tumbled over his lips slowly.

Betty was shocked by her own actions, and without knowing how to respond elsewise she jumped up from the couch and ran out of the house.

"Betty!" She heard Jughead scream but gave no response and kept on running. She ran and ran and ran until her legs buckled beneath her and she fell onto a bench somewhere in the middle of Riverdale.

Meanwhile Jughead had recovered from the overwhelming words and started to chase after Betty.

It made sense that Sophia was his. The fact she was 15 years old, which is the same amount of years ago that he left Betty. "Dammit!" He cursed when he couldn't find Betty.

He knew a few places where she could possibly be and started his search.

First Pop's. No Betty. Secondly Riverdale High. No Betty. Thirdly Veronica's house. No Betty.

He wasn't sure whether Veronica and Betty were still friend, but they were B and V, how can they not?

And when he got to Veronica's house, Betty wasn't there, but she and Betty were still friends, confirmed by the raven haired queen herself.

Jughead continued his search through almost entire Riverdale, until he noticed the blonde on a bench. Her eyes were closed and she was clearly asleep.

He rushed up to her, instantly sitting next to her, feeling her pulse. It was stable and okay which caused a breath of relief to roll over Jughead's lips.

"Betts," He whispered, his lips fanning her face. Betty's eyes jumped open in fright.

Instantly she sat up straight and looked right into Jughead's warmly colorized eyes. "Jug." Her voice sounded out of breath and lazy at the same time.

"Calm down, its just me." He soothed when he saw her tensed shoulders and wide eyes.

Slowly Betty loosened her muscles and a confused look spread across her lips.

She knew why he was here. To get an explanation. But what was she supposed to say?

That she was pregnant when he left and just found out a few days after? What if he would leave her now he knows Sophia is his?

Her mind was spiraling with negative scenarios and she couldn't handle it. So instead she just stared at Jughead, both of them oblivious of one another's thoughts.

Jughead thinking Betty doesn't want to have him in Sophia's life. Betty thinking Jughead doesn't want to be in Sophia's life at all.

"She's mine?" Jughead asked after a long, awkward silence. Betty's sight lowered to her hands which were fidgeting with themselves.

In her head she was debating whether she should answer him or just ignore him. The first option seemed better, even though it was risky.

"Yeah." She blankly replied, her eyes still stuck on her shaky hands. She felt a wave of heat over her body when Jughead didn't seem to react in any way.

His emotions were blank, his lips were sealed, his eyes were still and face absolutely nothing of his feelings away.

Betty felt eager to just run away, leave all this difficult talking behind. However she knew this was need to be done. Jughead deserves to know.