"I'll always be here." - bughead

I ran towards him, my face wet with tears and my heart pounding against my chest.

I almost reached when a shadow pulled him away from me, and I stood there, alone. "JUG!" I shouted, my voice thick and quivering.

There came no response. I was alone in the dark, feeling the icy wind drag over the bare parts of my skin. He was gone. They had taken him away.

"No!" I shouted, my knees buckling beneath my body. Before I realised it I tumbled to the ground, another loud scream escaping my lips. "No!" The shout came out as a beg.

I woke up, my head shooting up and my body instantly sitting straight. I was sweating and I could feel how my hands were trembling.

Heavy tears ran down my cheeks as I felt my heart still pumping loudly. "Jug." I mumbled to myself, knowing I needed him right this second.

My trembling hand reached for my phone and I quickly dialed his number, trying to lessen my shaky breaths.

"Betty?" I could hear how sleepy, but worried his voice was at the same time. The sound of his voice made me burst into a swamp of sobs.

I heard him gasp softly at my sudden tears. "Hey Betts, what's wrong? Tell me." He kindly said, his voice filled with worry.

I took in a breath and I fought my tears back. "Can I c-come over p-please?" Every word I spoke made it harder not to cry.

The horrible nightmare that just occurred was something that could actually happen, and the frightened the hell out of me.

"Yeah, yeah of course. You can always come Betts." I thanked him in a soft whimper before breaking the line.

I swung my coat over my body and climbed down the ladder beside my window. The ladder Jughead would always use to sneak inside when my mom was downstairs.

--

I knocked at his trailer door. My cold body was shivering and the tears didn't seem to stop falling. It was like a never ending flow.

The nightmare kept repeating itself over and over in my mind, like it was carved inside of it.

The door the got opened and I was greeted with my boyfriend's worried eyes. "Oh Betty, come in love." He instantly said, pulling me inside. He noticed how badly I was crying and shaking at the same time.

He swift the jacket away from my body before taking me in an embrace, as an attempt to stop my sobs from coming. "It's okay, I'm here. You're okay." He whispered, his hands trailing circled over my back.

My shaking body relaxed, however my tears kept coming.

I saw a tiny figure appear behind Jughead once we pulled away. "Jug?" The little girl's voice was soft and tired.

Jughead pulled his gaze away from me and smiled at the brown haired girl behind him. "JB, I'm sorry for waking you." He whispered to her, nudging her to come closer.

Jellybean, his sister. How couldn't I have recognised her?

"Who is this?" I heard her ask Jughead, her head pointing to me.

I just stood there, feeling how my legs almost begave themselves beneath my body and how tears ran with waves down my cheeks.

Jughead focused his attention back to me. "This is Betty, my girlfriend. You should go back to sleep sis, we'll be fine." Jellybean nodded and she sauntered back to bed.

Nervously I stood there, oblivious of what to do. When Jellybean had closed the door behind her, Jughead embraced me again.

He carefully took me to the couch, settling me on his lap. My head hid itself in his chest, sobbing loudly.

"Tell me what happened." He pleaded, his hands stroking my blonde hair. Slowly I tried to lessen my sobs, and loosen in his arms.

He noticed my attempt into calming down and helped me with placing soft kisses on my neck. I relaxed in the kisses, throwing my head in his lips.

I felt him smirk softly. "It's okay baby." He soothed the words in my ear after his lips left my neck.

I took a deep breather and stopped my tears from rolling. "Thank you."
I whimpered, my head snuggling deeper in his chest.

"I'm sorry for coming and waking you and your sister." I apologised, clinging to him.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, love. Just tell me what happened." After a few silent seconds I spoke up

"I-I dreamt a-about you." I stuttered, "Y-you were taken a-away." The words were barely audible, but he was close enough to hear.

His eyes showed concern as his arms tightened themselves around me. A soft kiss was placed on my head. "I'm here, okay? I'll always be here." His voice was promising.

My hands clasped the hem of his shirt tightly, wanting to feel that he was here. His lips moved towards mine and he locked them together.

I loosened up in the kiss. My tears stopped rolling, my muscles relaxed.

"Close your eyes love." He demanded, letting me rest my head on his chest. I leaned in his chest, shutting my eyes.

His warm hands twirled my hair in small circles while he hummed to a song.

The combination of the sound of his voice and his hands playing with my blonde hairs, caused me to drift asleep.

I felt him place one last kiss on my head before I fully blacked away from the world and fell safely asleep, his humming voice repeating in my head.

manon x