"stop it Reggie, get off of him!" - bughead

Betty Cooper. The perfect girl next door. Me, Jughead Jones, the loner outsider.

I liked her since the first time her green eyes came in contact with mine. That was now exactly 3 years ago.

There's no way I'll end up with her. It just doesn't fit. We are complete opposites, what would such a perfect girl do with such a damaged person like me.

I already gave up hope 2 years ago, but still I can't seem to get her off my mind. It's like she's stuck.

I fell down on my bed in the small booth of the drive in. I was homeless, that too.

My father is in jail and my mom and sister live far away in Toledo. This is the place I live now, alone.

I had 15 minutes left before school. I didn't have many friends on school, I talked to a red haired boy named Archie sometimes and furthermore no one really likes me.

The football gourous only bully me, and Betty.... well she's friends with the rich Veronica Lodge.

Then there's Cheryl, the mean girl, with her River Vixens by her side, which by the way Betty and Veronica are part of as well.

I took my beanie from the ground and placed it on my head.

I grabbed my bag and slowly slentered to the school terrain. Inside I sat down in my first class, staring blankly at the table.

Reggie, one of the door all gourous, came in, purposely pushing my making me almost stumble of my chair.

"Quit it Reggie" I heard a voice shout from the back. Archie Andrews.

I didn't know why he stood up for me, he does that more often. He's the only nice football player I know.

Reggie walked on as I just sat there.

It was a normal day, this happened on daily basis. After a long time of staring blankly in the thin air, the lesson ended.

The bell ran, break time. Immediately I stood up and walked into the cafetaria. I sat on a chair by myself and took my laptop, working further on my novel.

Reggie and his football followers also entered, and with a lot of noise sat down on the couch.

Only minutes later also Betty, Veronica and Archie walked in, sitting down together.

"Hey Jughead!" Reggie's voice echoed through the room. His voice sounded spotting. I looked up at him, no emotion.

"How's your father doing in prison?" He asked while a chuckle rolled over his lips. My fists clenched and my lips tightened onto each other.

Silence suddenly hanged all around the room. Betty, Archie and Veronica stopped talking. Everyone was only staring at me and Reggie.

In a sudden, reckless movement I jumped up and punched Reggie right in his face. I heard a fierce growl escape from Reggie's mouth. And with that he punched me, way harder than I did.

Screams and gasps were heard from everyone else in the cafetaria.

I lip started bleeding and I fell onto the ground. He kicked me a few more times and threw me against a chair.