"you're crazy." - bughead

B E T T Y

I was sitting on the roof, hearing the shouting of silence my parents from downstairs. I tried to focus on the stars, figure out a pattern.

I always come here whenever my parents are fighting, it's calm and it makes me feel in peace for a while.

It's crazy how fast things went at home. We went from that picture perfect family, to the most ruined, fallen apart family existing. It's like everything around us is emploding.

But then I go to school and everything is different. I have to be perfect again. The perfect girl, with the perfect hair and the perfect grades.

The girl, that's not really me. I hate it to be that girl, but I couldn't have people finding our about my home situation. I didn't want people to pity me.

A sudden sound made me snap out of my thoughts. A familiar boy was knocking on the window from the house next door.

He had messy dark hair and beautiful pierce green eyes. 'You okay?' He mouthed through the window. I shrugged in response, somehow feeling like I couldn't lie to him. Not like I lied to everyone else.

He then opened his window and looked at me. "What's wrong?" He asked. His voice had that deep husky sound, making everything about him even more interesting than he already was.

He was wearing a leather jacket, with a white shirt underneath. He didn't look like the regular guys in our school. No, he had dark, tired circles under his eyes and had clear imperfections on his face.

But in a way that made me attract to him even more. "Just.... everything." I admitted, me being shocked about the words that were leaving my own mouth. I just met this boy two seconds ago and I told him more already than all my best friends.

"Wait let me come up." He said with a light smile before closing the window.

Only seconds later he climbed up his own roof, which was closely next to mine. We both sat at the edges of our houses, on each others opposite.

"What do you mean, everything?" The mysterious boy asked directly. I sighed.

"I just met you, I don't even know who you are. Why would I tell you that?" I replied, not wanting to let him into more parts of my hideous family drama.

"I'm Jughead. Jughead Jones. We just moved in next door. I live with my dad and sister, I also go to Riverdale High for the past 3 years now. I used to live on the other side of town." He introduced himself while he took a hand through his soft hair.

"Oh. I'm Betty Cooper. I've lived here my whole life already." I responded kindly. He then looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Now can you please tell me what's wrong?" He nicely questioned while looking at me with that intriguing look that almost made me spill the entire truth.

"Why do you want to know so bad?" I said back, trying to resist myself from breaking down in front of him.

"Because you seem upset, and I-I don't know, I just care." He replied nervously. A small blush came on the side of my face.

"Can you please tell me now?" He practically begged. A deep, long sigh escaped my lips before I started talking. It almost happened automatically, like he just got everything out of me without even trying.

"It's my parents. It's school. Like I said, practically everything. We used to be this perfect little family, always being happy and living in peace. Then my sister got pregnant with her boyfriend and she ran off." I told him. This was the first time ever I told this to someone. And to my surprise, I wasn't nervous at all. It was him who made this atmosphere of comfort and safety.