"I can't believe I'm actually holding you." pt. 2 - bughead

"Babe.." Betty whined, pulling his sleeve. They were running late and Betty was trying to pull her beloved boyfriend with her.

"I'm almost ready." He said, quickly grabbing some of his stuff before following Betty outside of the hotel.

They sat down in her car, her driving them to school. "You excited?" Betty asked, one of her hands holding the steering wheel and the other lacing with Jughead's.

"Yeah.." He said, unsure. Betty smiled softly and held his hand warmly.

She safely drove them to her school, talking to each other through the entire way.

"We're here." Betty then said, hopping out of the car, followed by Jughead.

Jughead walked beside Betty, his hand wrapping possessively around her waist.

"Come on." The blonde encouraged as they entered the school together.

Betty instantly led her boyfriend up to her best friends.

"B!" Veronica exclaimed, hugging her best friend. "Who is this?" She smirked once she saw the handsome new male standing next to her.

Betty smiled and laced her fingers with Jughead's. "This is Jughead, my boyfriend." She spoke, smiling from ear to ear.

Veronica gasped and stuck her hand out for Jughead to shake. "Well nice to meet you. I'm Veronica Lodge, Betty's bestie." She said, smirking softly.

Betty giggled and smacked Veronica lightly. "We gotta go head to class, see you." Betty then said, pulling Jughead with her into a classroom.

Most of the class was already seated, as Jughead and Betty quickly sat down as well.

After some time in the lesson, Jughead had noticed a certain red head staring at Betty through practically the entire lesson.

"Betts.." The raven haired whispered, trying to make it inaudible for the teacher.

Betty turned her focus to him, humming softly. "Who's the red head?" He asked, nudging to the staring boy.

Betty giggled at his jealousy and kissed his nose. "That's my friend, Archie Andrews, don't worry baby, he's in a relationship with Veronica." She reassured him.

Jughead smiled and nodded, lacing his fingers through Betty's.

"I love you." He mumbled, leaning his lip against her ear. Betty blushed, trying to focus on the teacher's explanation, failing.

"Stop it." She giggled, slapping him softly.

His lips ghosted her jawline, sometimes leaving a soft kiss.

Just at that point the bell rang, Betty jumping off her seat and pulling Jughead with her to their next class.

"Sit and don't touch me." She demanded jokingly. Jughead chuckled and lazily sat down on his seat in the classroom.

Minutes later the lesson started. "Today we're having a presentation by Betty Cooper." The teacher announced. 

Betty's eyes widened, gasping softly. "I completely forgot." She mumbled in Jughead's ear.

Jughead could sense she was nervous as she slowly rose from her seat and stepped to the front.

Her hands were shaky and her eyes were flickering nervously around the room.

Jughead wanted to run up to her and help her, but he himself had no clue what to say.

"H-hello.. I-I'm Betty C-Cooper." Her voice was stuttery and nervous.

Jughead tried to get her eye contact, but her eyes didn't seem to focus on his.

Suddenly Betty's breathing increased and her hands started violently shaking. Tears ran down her bare cheeks.

Jughead recognized it immediately, his sister had these kind of attacks as well.

Without hesitation he jumped off his chair, rushing to the front. He managed to catch her just before she tumbled to the ground, her legs buckling beneath her body. 

He held her in his arms, softly shushing her while holding her body steady. "It's okay, let's go outside." He whispered, picking her up and carrying her out of the class, immediately followed by the teacher.

Betty hadn't stopped shaking and crying as Jughead settled the two of them on a chair in the hallway and cradled her in his arms.

"What is going on?" The teacher asked, standing in front of the couple.

"She's having a panic attack. Just leave us for while, we'll get back when it's over." The teacher hesitated but left anyways, walking back to the classroom.

Jughead focused his attention back on Betty. "Breath with me, okay? Follow mine." He demanded, placing her hand on his chest. Slowly she managed to equalize with his breathing and her body steadied.

Now she was just silently sobbing against her boyfriend's chest, her hands grasping his shirt tightly. He rubbed her back with hands out of comfort.

"You're okay.." He soothed, placing sweet kisses on her hair.

"Thank you." She murmured in his shirt. Jughead smiled and pressed her close to him.

"Why didn't you tell me you have panic attacks?" He asked after a while. She shrugged.

"I was embarrassed." Betty admitted, her head still hidden in his body.

Jughead sighed softly, turning her around so she was facing him.

"Don't be embarrassed for anything with me." He demanded, his voice serious. "You can tell me everything, especially things like this."

Betty smiled weakly and kissed him carefully.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, slowly trying to get up from Jughead's lap.

He helped her stand straight. "Don't be." Jughead replied, supporting her back as she took small steps back to the classroom.

"You sure you want to go back?" He asked, receiving a nod from Betty.

He gave her one more questioning look before they entered the classroom together. All eyes shot to them.

Jughead carefully guided them to their seats, ignoring the burning stares.

"Everything okay?" The teacher asked in reassurance. Jughead nodded kindly and wrapped his arm around the, still slightly shaken up, Betty.

"How'd you like my friends?" Betty asked once they were back in their hotel room.

Jughead smiled at her. "They're pretty cool I guess." He said, a smirk across his lips.

Betty smiled and kissed him softly. "I love you." She murmured, letting him cradle her. "I'm really really happy you are here with me for the upcoming week." Her voice was certain and tired.

A yawn escaped her lips quickly after. "I love you." He replied, kissing her blonde, wavy hair.

"Go to sleep." He soothed, pulling the blankets over their bodies.

Betty let out a soft hum, snuggling herself as much into her boyfriend as possible before slowly drifting away to sleep. 

Maybe they lived far away. Maybe being in a relationship seemed almost impossible. Maybe this was the only time they were going to see each other. 

But let's face it, they're Betty and Jughead for god's sake, they'll find a way.

And they did.

i know this is bad sorryyy / i wanted to write something abt the black hood chasing betty but it sucked so i deleted it and made this instead / send ideas!!  manon x