"kiss me again." - bughead

"Betty, please just open the door." Betty was sitting on the toilet in the school, bawling her eyes out with tears.

Her hands were gripping the side of the toilet to prevent her from falling as the tears kept on coming. "No." She sniffled shortly. Her eyes were bloodshot and rimmed with tears and she felt literally worthless.

Her best friend, Veronica, was trying for her to open up the door after she heard about what happened. Her and Jughead had broken up just 5 minutes ago, Veronica had heard from Archie that it had been pretty cruel and he had heard some cursed yelling.

Now there Veronica was, desperately wanting to calm her broken best friend who missed her beanie wearing lover.

10 minutes later of heartbreaking sobs, Betty finally opened the door. Veronica came face to face with a red eyed, tear stained and completely broken Betty.

She might've looked bad because of the tears that had streamed down her cheeks, but you could just see how her heart was breaking into pieces by just giving her one glance.

"Oh B," Veronica said and went up to give Betty a warm embrace. Betty sobbed onto her best friends shoulder, holding tight onto her.

The rest of the day Veronica and Betty had decided to skip classes and go to Veronica's house for a sleepover. There hadn't been a word spoken about Jughead since they'd arrived at Veronica's and Betty wasn't planning to talk about him.

Betty missed him. She missed him like crazy and she wanted nothing rather than his warm arms to hold her and his soft lips to kiss her.

"How are you doing?" Veronica had asked her after they had played a few games and watched some Netflix. The day had turned into evening and the sky was becoming dark as the two were sitting in Veronica's perfectly made up bed.

Betty's head shot up and went to look up at the raven head. "Fine." She lied shortly and got her attention back on her phone.

The moment she unlocked it she found the picture of her and Jughead on her wallpaper. He was holding her from behind and kissing her neck while she was laughing and nuzzling her neck deeper into his lips.

Tears stung behind Betty's eyes as she could only seem to focus on the picture and fully ignore Veronica's questions. "B? Betty?" Veronica tried, waving her hand in front of Betty's tranced eyes.

Betty's eyes finally flickered to Veronica who had a worried look on her face once she saw her best friends background picture. "It's gonna be okay B, I promise you." Veronica mercifully said and went to hug the blonde tightly.

Betty started crying silently onto Veronica's shoulder, feeling completely broken and useless.

"I'll be here for you." Veronica did everything she could to get Betty to calmth, yet nothing worked.

The blonde fell down on Veronica's bed while gripping onto the sheets and crying in the white, satin pillow.

Veronica stared at the delicate girl for a while, realising how deep her feelings for Jughead were and how difficult this must be. She had always seen Jughead and Betty as the couple which would marry each other one day, but this threw her thoughts all around.

Betty was clearly heavily in love with Jughead and he was with her, so Veronica had no single clue why they'd actually broken up, but didn't dare to ask any of the two why.

She didn't want to upset them more than they already were.

Veronica heard how Betty's sobs turned into whimpers and how those whimpers turned into deep breaths. She had fallen asleep, tears still stained on her red cheeks.