"she's not going to hit the note man." - bughead

"She fucking cancelled!" Archie yelled, entering the room where the band was about to practice.

"Who? Julia?" Sweet Pea stepped away from his keyboard and walked over to Archie.

"Yes dammit! We don't have a lead singer! Our show is tonight. We'll never find a singer with that talent in 4 hours." The red head scolded, taking his hand through his hair.

Both Jughead and Fangs now flew up from their seats, eyes wide and shocked. Jughead had his guitar swung around his shoulder.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Fangs yelled, "she can't cancel? What happened?"

"She said a meeting came up, which apparently was more important than this." Archie grumbled angrily.

Meanwhile Jughead stood in the middle of the room, silent and overthinking something. He was almost scared to propose it to the guys, especially Archie.

"So what now? One of us has to sing?" Sweet Pea asked, freaking out.

"I might know someone." Jughead spoke up, throwing all caution to the wind now.

Archie's head whipped over to look at Jughead, hopeful. "Who?"

"I could ask Betty, she's a really good singer. She sings all the time." His confidence grew as he thought of the power of her voice. It was a real shame she never showed it to the world.

"You're joking, right?" Archie laughed, his eyes mockery. "She can sing alright, but she will never be able to sing the songs we play."

Jughead snickered, feeling almost insulted that he would say that. "You've barely ever heard her song Arch, believe me, she can hit every note that she needs to."

Fangs and Sweet Pea had shuffled back to their instruments, scared of how this argument would end.

"I get that she's your girl Jug, so no offence, but she's not that good." Jughead sighed in annoyance, taking a hand through his dark hair.

"You don't know anything Arch, but okay. If you want to go on stage without a lead singer, then that's your call." Jughead chuckled, clearly offended.

Archie gritted his teeth and stayed silent for a while. When he finally opened his mouth it all came out as an irritated growl, "You can ask her to sing, but just because we have no other option."

Jughead smirked, grabbing his phone out of his bag and planting his guitar on the couch.

"You guys start, I'll just call her." Jughead said, dialling her number.

In their band Archie was the lead guitarist, and Jughead was second guitarist. Sweet Pea was on keyboards and Fangs did drums.

It fitted everyone. Archie likes the attention, Jughead loved the guitar in general, and the other two were just very good at their instruments.

When Jughead got off the phone a few minutes later, his face was half a frown and half a smile.

Archie abruptly stopped strumming his guitar, his eyebrow rising at Jughead.

"She's coming alright, she just can't be here before the show. So no rehearsal. She knows the lyrics of the song, we'll just have to blindly trust her." Jughead spoke in one breath.

"No rehearsal!? That's a fucking huge risk man. What if she can't reach the notes?" Archie cursed, sighing.

"She can, I promise you that. If you don't trust her, trust me. Let's just get to practice and see what happens tonight. We don't have any more options."

She came hurrying in the concert hall, eyes searching for her beloved boyfriend. "Juggie!" She breathed in her relief, throwing her arms around his neck and hauling him up for a kiss.

"Betts, thank god. Archie will be happy you're here." He kissed her again before gesturing his red headed friend to come over.

"Betty! You're here." Archie exclaimed, hugging her. He didn't let her notice his lack of trust in her voice and it bothered Jughead.

Archie was smothering up to his girlfriend while he was offending her just an hour earlier.

"You go get dressed and prepare your voice, I'll be with you in a second." Jughead murmured by her ear, kissing her lips once again and gently pushing her towards her dressing room.

"She has to be ready in an hour Jug, with her voice warm." Archie ordered, his eyes cold as stone.

"She will be ready. And you should stop sucking up to her while insulting her behind her back. Now get to make up." Jughead grumbled, hurrying to follow Betty to her dressing room.

"You know all the lyrics sweetheart?" Jughead asked when he entered the room, watching her apply some concealer.

"I do, I can do this Jug. Trust me." She said, turning to face him and kissing his cheek. "I know Archie has doubts, just wait for the pleasure of watching his face when I hit the notes."

Jughead adored her confidence on all levels, and couldn't resist to kiss her deeply.

She pulled away with a giggle. "Don't ruin the make up." She laughed, pushing him in the couch.

"I love you." He gave her hand a squeeze and planted a kiss to her lips.

"I love you too." And then he was gone onto the stage.

She had 10 more seconds before her entrance.

With a shaky breath and the blink of her eye, she was suddenly standing in front of the huge crowd. There were screams and yells from all sides.

"Hello New York!" She heard Archie yell on her right.

Her eyes went from him to her left side, seeing Jughead smile at her.

"How are you doing!?" Betty screamed through the mic, a boost of confidence coming over her.

The music started and the screams from the crowd increased.

I want your ugly, I want your disease
I want your everything as long as it's free
I want your love
Love, love, love, I want your love, hey

Jughead couldn't keep his eyes off of her as he rocked his guitar. She was stunning, and she slayed the heck out of it.

You know that I want you
And you know that I need you
I want it bad
Your bad romance

The boy could feel Archie's nerves radiate off of him because of the note Betty was supposed to hit in the chorus that were coming up.

I want your love, and I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance

"She's not going to hit the note man." Archie mouthed to Jughead.

"She'll hit it." He mouthed back.

I want your love, and all your lover's revenge
You and me could write a bad romance

"She won't."

"Trust me, she'll be fine."

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Caught in a bad romance

The high note rolled out of Betty's throat like an angel sent from heaven, and when she finished it she smiled to Jughead as she continued to sing.

When the song ended and the crowd went crazy, Jughead stepped forward and pressed a gentle kiss to Betty's lips. She smiled, eyes filled with love and excitement.

sorry for this I was not very inspired. this idea came from a tiktok LOL