"I won't call you back unless you're betty cooper." - bughead

I held him when he passed away. My head was settled on his chest, hearing the sound of his heart drown out. I had cried, my fingers fisting his shirt.

"Hi, you've reached Jughead, I'm not here now. I won't call you back unless you're Betty Cooper."

I smiled at the sound of his voice saying my name. Only he made it sound so perfect, so beautiful. The way the letters fell over his lips, I couldn't get enough of it.

"Hey Juggie." I spoke, tears rolling down my eyes, "I know you will never hear this but I need to talk to you, for the sake of myself. I miss you, like a lot. I can't stop thinking about you ever since your heart stopped beating. I felt my future crumble in front of my eyes. You were my future, we were ready to build our future together. We were ready since the moment I met you." I paused for a while, taking a few deep breaths before starting again. "I remember when me, you and Archie were playing in the playground and he pushed me down the slide. I cried because I was scared and fell to the ground afterwards. You ran over to me, helped me up and took my hands. You said, 'Archie is a stupid-head' I agreed with you, smiling through my tears. Then I kissed you on the cheek, causing you to blush and myself to giggle." A smile came over my lips, "12 years later you kissed me for real after climbing through my bedroom window. I was over the moon that evening, touching my lips every five seconds, reencountering your taste. I remember kissing you the next day, my smile brighter than the sun. I remember our first fight at your birthday party, which ended into me showing you my scars at pop's. I trusted you with every part of myself, and I still do. You told me you loved me one particular evening, when we were in your trailer. I told you I loved you back, and god, I remember that look on your face." I laughed through the sea of tears, "You were so relieved, so happy, like I hung the moon. I kissed you, filling it with all the love I had for you. I remember how, a few months later, I gave my virginity to you. And you gave me yours. We were so innocent, so happy. A year later you slipped that beautiful diamond ring on my finger, promising eternal love for me, as I did for you. We were supposed to get married soon, go on a honeymoon, jump each other's bones every five seconds, then go home and have children. If we'd ever had a boy, you wanted to name him Hamburger, remember? I laughed and cursed at you for wanting to name our child after food. But reality came into our way and you got attacked, then passed away in the hospital." I was hiccuping, sobbing and crying altogether now, a straight mess. "I can never move on, I know you asked me to when you took your last breath, but you have to understand I never will. My heart belongs to you and you only, and I'll never be able to give it to someone else. I'll never let anyone touch me like you did, I'll never let anyone kiss my lips, because I want your taste on them for the rest of my life. I love you Juggie, I'll forever love you." I couldn't talk more, I was breaking down into a clot of tears and  sobs. "I love you."

short but sad
this made me depressed
manon <3