"talk to me, please." pt. 2 - bughead

Betty's eyes flickered open of the light that came through the trailer curtains. She felt herself being wrapped up in Jughead's arms.

Betty tossed around slightly which caused Jughead to wake up as well. His eyes fell open, only to find an awake and restless Betty beside him.

"Goodmorning." Jughead's voice was sleepy and husky. Again there came no response from Betty.

She just laid there, her back pressed against Jughead's chest while her legs were tangled into his. They were like pieces of a puzzle, fitting exactly.

"You hungry?" Jughead made another attempt to let her talk, but it was useless.

So he stopped trying and carefully lifted both of them from the couch.

"Stay here, I'm going to make some breakfast." He whispered, kissing her blonde hair softly before sauntering to the kitchen.

Jughead was very concerned about Betty. He had absolutely no clue what the sisters could have done to Betty, for her to be so broken. He missed his cheery and happy Betty.

The Betty that laughed no matter what. The Betty that blushed when he called her beautiful. The Betty who rambled to him about how annoying her mom is.

With his hair in his hands he started thinking. Thinking for a way to solve this, to get the old Betty back.

Jughead was almost sure Alice was the one to sent Betty to the sisters, so talking to her wasn't an option. There are of course Veronica and Archie, however Jughead was afraid Betty might get even more terrified if more people would be surrounding her, worrying about her.

Jughead needed to fix this himself. He needed to fix her.

With some food and tea he walked back into the living room. Betty had red eyes with tears threatening to spill out any second. Her eyes showed a look of panic and her breathing was speeding up rapidly.

Quickly Jughead put the tray of food down on the table and rushed next to her. He wrapped her in his arms and trailed calming circles on her back with his fingers. "You're safe, love." His lips touched her ear as he spoke the words.

She let out a few sobs on his shoulder while trying to control her breathing. After some more minutes of holding her, he broke the embrace.

"Eat something." He said and tried to hand her a bowl of cereal. She didn't take it. The same blank look returned into her eyes while she stared straight forward, like someone was there.

Hopelessly Jughead sighed and put the tray back down on the table. "What can I do to get you back baby?" He mumbled, a few tears crossing his cheek. He felt absolutely worthless at that point.

He wanted nothing rather than to take her pain and let her be happy. He wanted to kiss her lips, make her smile again.

Suddenly Betty's head turned and she looked right into Jughead's emerald eyes. "I love you." Was what she said before crashing down into a mess of sobs and hiccups. She threw herself in Jughead's body, desperately grasping his shirt in her tiny fingers.

This was it, her break down. Her letting go of all the emotions she had been keeping in the past 24 hours.

She had cried a few hours ago, but not like this. That crying was blank, emotionless. This was filled with feelings and expressions she could never put in words.

Jughead gently held her, taking all her sobs and cries in. He let her crash every single emotion out of her body, because he knew that's what she needed.

It took her about half an hour of tears, loud sobs, messy hiccups and unsteady breathing, before calming down.

Jughead let out a sigh of relief when she was finally relaxed in his arms. "It's okay, I've got you." He soothed, kissing her temple softly.