"why can't you see I'm happy at the farm?" - bughead

"Jug... you're going to have to let me go. Why can't you see I'm happy at the farm?" Betty said when Jughead had pulled her into the bunker, desperately trying to convince her not to join the farm.

Without answering Jughead grabbed a photo album, opening it.

"Do you remember these?" He said, pointing at a few pictures of him, her, Archie and Veronica in Sweetwater River. "You were so happy.." His voice trailed off.

His hand opened the next page. "Or all the moments we had in my trailer?" He followed, pointing at a picture his dad had taken when they were snuggling on the couch. "And when we burned it down.."

Jughead's voice was hurt and clearly upset. For the past week Betty had decided to join the farm and Jughead was the only one to save her from going, and he was trying as hard as he could.

"I do, but those are all in the past." Betty explained, clearly brainwashed.

"I'm happy with the farm Jug.. They understand the darkness I have and help me control it. They accept me for who I am." She then added, giving her boyfriend a soft, weak smile.

"So stop trying to take that happiness away from me. I made my decision and I'm going to join the farm." Her voice became more certain and angry.

Jughead shook his head helplessly, carefully taking her hand in his. She didn't flinch away. "No Betty, they feed you drugs which makes you believe all these things. They're just drifting you away from reality." The raven haired explained, his eyes hopeful and hurt.

"And the reality is here. With me. If you could just talk to me, I could help you.." His voice was soft and on the edge of crying. "We will get through this together, like we always have." Slowly he gave her hand a squeeze.

"No Jughead.." She whispered, releasing their hands. "You're going to have to let me go." The tone of her voice became slightly more insecure suddenly.

"I love you Betty. So freaking much, and I can't picture my life without you. And I won't let them ruin you and take you away from you." He, again, took hold of her hand.

His eyes stared straight into hers, almost forcing her to stare back in his emerald ones.

"Jughead stop.." Her voice was a mix of begging and loving.

"Fine then Betty. I'll leave you alone and let you live with the farm, but first you have to look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me anymore. Do that, and I'll let you be." Betty slowly shook her head in disbelief, but Jughead's eyes were deathly serious. "But don't you dare lie to me."

"W-What?" Betty stammered, her eyes widened.

"Tell me you don't love me anymore. That you don't see a future ahead of us. Say that and I'll leave you alone for good." He didn't take his eyes off of hers. Hers looked scared, they looked insecure, they looked sad.

"Don't do this Jug, please." She desperately begged, a tear rolling down her cheek as she pressed her lips on top of each other.

Jughead didn't budge. "Just say you don't love me anymore." He repeated, keeping her stare on his. He felt her hand getting clammy as she tried to pull away, but he held a good grip.

"I-" She couldn't finish her sentence and started to break down into a mess of sobs and tears.

Jughead quickly pulled her on his lap on the single bed in the bunker. "Shh.. it's okay.. it's okay." He soothed, his hands stroking her back softly.

Betty cried in his chest, letting her tears soak every part of his shirt. Jughead just held her close, happy he was getting closer to convincing her not to go.

It took Betty half an hour to calm down, but she kept herself snuggled up into her boyfriend's body.

"It's just.." Betty started, "everyone close to me is there Jug. My mom, my sister, Cheryl, Kevin, Toni, the twins, and I'm pretty sure it won't take them long to take Archie and Veronica as well." She explained, her tears threatening to spill again.

Quickly Jughead started whispering sweet nothings in her ear, calming her down.

"But I'm still here. And I will always be here." He told her, pressing a soft kiss to her blonde hair.

She let out a silent cry. "I know." She choked out, grasping his shirt tightly. "I'm just scared. Scared to lose everyone." She admitted.

Jughead sighed mercifully and pulled her even closer against him, if possible. "You won't lose me. We can get through this together Betts." He whispered lovingly, happy she was slowly turning back to her normal self again.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise." He answered.

And they got through it. Together.

this is cute <3
manon x