"from now on, maybe just be my girl?" - bughead

She sat in the student lounge of the school, her eyes on the diary in her lap, her hand writing down the words in her head. Her mind was far away, with him.

The words flew out of her. Like a beautiful love song.

"Well well, if it isn't our dearest Betty Cooper." A high voice screeched over the silence, followed by the clicking of high heels. Veronica Lodge stood in front of the shy blonde.

Betty's eyes flew up, quickly slamming the diary closed on her lap and tucking her knees under her chin. "I've heard some rumours recently.." The raven haired continued with a smirk growing on her features.

Betty frowned, trying to fight back tears. Her fist clenched in the side of the chair she was seated in. "It appears you seem to have a little crush on my boyfriend." Veronica snickered, the girls behind her laughing slightly.

Betty's eyes widened in fear, her mind spiralling.

How in gods name did Veronica find that out?

"I-I.. d-don't know what y-you are t-talking about." Betty stammered, her voice barely a whimper. She was weaker than Veronica, and she knew it.

"Let me take a read then." And before Betty could even react, Veronica had snatched the diary out of her lap and opened it on the page she had lastly written on.

Veronica's mouth took a breath of air before she started speaking. "I am drowning peacefully, no air escaping my chest. Those gorgeous eyes, that stunning smile, you truly are the best. I'm drowning in your presence, there's not much for me to say. But you, standing next to me, takes my very breath away." The raven haired read over-dramatically, her voice too sharp for the soft poem. Everyone around watching the scene erupted into a pit of laughter.

"Ohmygod what a hole of crap." Veronica laughed behind it, slapping the diary closed and throwing it back to Betty.

Tears were silently dragging down her eyes as she pressed the diary against her chest.

"Oh sweetie.." The raven haired flipped her hair, "Jughead and you, never going to happen. You're worthless." She cleared out, her hands back on her hips. Just at that point Jughead came waltzing in the lounge, his hands loosely in his pockets. "Speaking of the devil.."

"Hey babe," He spoke with half a smile, his eyes scanning over the rest of the room, only to find the crying blonde in the chair in front of him.

"Betty? What's wrong?" He asked out of pure concern, taking a few steps closer and kneeling in front of her.

Veronica scoffed and tried to pull him back up. "She's crushing on you Jug, and I just pointed out the obvious."

Betty's eyes took a quick glance at Jughead's shocked face, then went back to Veronica before she jumped up and hurried out of the room.

"What the hell Veronica!?" Jughead yelled out of the blue, standing up and turning towards her. His stare was straight and angry.

"Cool it down Jug, what's the problem?"

"The problem is that you just made her cry for no specific reason. She does not deserve that!"

"She wrote a love poem about you in her diary, so damn right she deserved that. You're mine!" Veronica snapped back, her eyes now spitting fire.

"She did what?" Jughead asked, suddenly a whole lot calmer.

"She wrote a poem about you, and probably dozens more, that whole diary is filled with sappy quotes about you." The girl fought, trying to keep a calm face.