"oh my god what happened to you!?" pt.2 - bughead

Their limbs were tangled, their breathing was united, their eyes were closed.

Betty and Jughead lay asleep in his hospital bed, as close to each other as possible. Betty had been trying to call mister and misses Jones all night, but neither of them had been picking up. While Betty had been calling, the doctors had been running thousands of tests on Jughead but luckily nothing seemed off.

She knew his parents would be out of town for at least this entire night, so she made Veronica promise to stay through the night with the twins at their house.

Betty didn't have the heart to leave Jughead all alone here in some hospital. She needed to be with him.

Now it was the next morning, and Betty slowly started to wake. Her eyes fell open, taking a few seconds to realise where she was.

She then felt Jughead's grip on her waist and his face in front of hers. She saw the huge stitch which ran all over his forehead. "Oh baby.." She murmured, her voice husky from sleep.

Her fingers started trailing soft circles over his arm, barely brushing over his skin. "Good morning." The blonde suddenly heard, her head looking up to find Jughead wide awake.

He grinned slightly when he saw her flushed face. "Morning." She whispered back, snugging her head into his chest.

"You smell nice." Jughead mumbled, his nose taking in the scent of her hair.

"You do too." There was some silence, a silence that wasn't awkward, but filled with comfort.

"Stop staring at me." Betty then whispered, her face flustered. Jughead grinned and kept on looking at her.

"I can't." He smirked, his hands bracing her cheeks.

"Stop it." She whined, trying to avoid his gaze. He just chuckled and pressed a deep kiss on her lips.

"You're just so goddamn beautiful." He gruffled against her mouth.

"Does it hurt?" Betty then asked, her fingertips slightly trailing over the stitch on his head.

"A bit." Betty glared at him. "Okay maybe more than a bit."

"Don't be strong for me Juggie, I'm a sucker for softies." She giggled, her lips pressing a delicate kiss to his mouth.

"Then you didn't choose the right boy I think." He smirked, tucking a piece of Betty's hair behind her ear. Her face flushed bright red.

"You and your shyness." He laughed, his eyes locked on hers.

The door suddenly got busted open and a completely worried Mrs. Jones rushed into the room, her husband on her heels. Jughead and Betty quickly took some distance between the two of them, but Betty kept her spot on the bed.

"Jughead, ohmy.." Gladys gasped when she saw the huge gush on his forehead and the bruises all over his arms.

"Mom.." Jughead mumbled, almost in disbelief.

"What happened to you!? Why are you here?" She asked, running over to her son and caressing his face with her hands.

"Nothing mom, I'm fine."

"Fine!?" Gladys exclaimed, "This does not look fine to me! You have stitches over your face and your filled with bruises."

"Just leave it mom, please." His voice was ruffled and clearly upset. "I'm in good hands." His face softened instantly when his eyes met Betty's in a sweet smile.

"He needs to stay here for the rest of the day, but he'll be able to go home tonight." Betty explained, grasping Jughead's hand under the sheets they were laying beneath.