"sometimes I think you're the only one keeping me sane." - sprousehart

L I L I

My head settled on his lap, snuggling into it. I felt his arms brace around me. His lips gave a quick kiss to my forehead, making my heart flutter.

"You know," I started. He hummed in response.

"Sometimes I think you're the only one keeping me sane. The only person who keeps hold of me and isn't crazed out like the rest." My voice was soft but certain. In a slight movement his fingers met with mine. They entwined with each other, fitting exactly.

"Really?" He asked after a few seconds of silence. I stared at the tree above us, the dark sky towering above it. The sun from the day was slowly setting as it was already falling deep into the horizon. It had created a beautiful reddish colour.

"Yes." It was a corrupt answer, but the only thing I actually meant. It was a word so small but had so much meaning.

My eyes drifted to our laced hands and suddenly made me realise how important he was to me. How the words I just told him were actually true. How he was the only one keeping me on my feet.

He drifts away my depression and anxiety. He creates a genuine smile on my face, nevertheless of how quick it dissapears again.

"Lili?" His voice spoke. Again, after a few seconds had passed. My head looked up at him, making our eyes connect. "I love you," I slowly flushed bright red. "and you love me." My head nodded positively.

"Whenever you feel like you're going crazy, or when you go insane, I'm here. I'm always here." His husky voice and warm words made me feel safe and loved.

"I know your struggles and difficulties, and I am here to solve them. To make them dissappear, if only for a while." My head cuddled deeper into his lap, pulling his cologne against me.

This was my happy place. The place I escaped reality for a while. The place where it was just me and him.

No media, no press, no hate, no shows, no enemies, no difficulties, no worries, just us.

"You're the only one Cole." I began again. "The only one who cares for me this way, who knows my fears and anxieties. The only one who can make them fade away." I loved this, just talking to him about our lives and discussing our love.

"I know. I know I am." He whispered, pulling my body straight on his lap. I turned myself so I faced him directly. He smiled, I smiled, hell even the tree smiled.

"Don't ever leave me. I don't think I can survive that." I pleaded, my words desperate and filled with fright.

"I won't. I promise." His genuine response came straight after.

Before I could react he connected our lips. His hands pinning on my waist and my hand cupping his cheek.

Our lips were deeply into each other, our tastes matched. Now my mind was completely empty. There was just one word repeating itself for a thousand times.

'Cole. Cole. Cole.' And it was the only word I wanted to hear in my head.

He broke our kiss and smiled his cute smile to me. "I'll be here, always." I nodded quickly before pushing him over on the ground and climbing on top of him.

He laughed before I collided our lips again, deeply, lustfully, lovingly.

And with that we connected through the entire night, pleasing, laughing and talking.

manon x