"my love, I miss you so goddamn much!" - bughead

She felt his sweatshirt wrap around her like one of his embraces. His scent filled her nose like he was right beside her.

Though she was alone, on the plane back to Riverdale. His arms were nowhere near, only his sweatshirt giving her his scent. He had given it to her, along with a beautiful necklace that she was sure never to take off.

They had been together through the summer, Betty coming to New York for an internship, only to fall in love with her co-worker.

b; I miss you.

She texted him, a tear rolling down her cheek. Only a second later he replied, showing his affection.

j; I miss you more.

b; impossible.

j; i love you

b; ohmygod you used the lower case I ;)

j; i'm just so distraught because i miss you.

Betty laughed in her airplane seat, staring out the window, seeing the clouds layering over each other.

Slowly but securely sleep consumed her.

"B!" Veronica squeaked, throwing her arms around the delicate blonde. They were in the corridors of Riverdale High, beside Betty's locker. "How was your summer?"

Her memory flooded back to Jughead, his lips, his words, his arms.

"It was.. okay." She answered, certain to keep Jughead a secret from her.

Jughead and her were her secret escape, and no one needed to know about him. She wasn't ashamed, no, she just wanted him to be hers and hers only. She didn't need questions.

"How was the internship? Did you meet any cute guys?" Veronica winked as she nudged her best friend with her shoulder. Betty giggled nervously but quickly shook her head.

"No, no one." She said just before her phone starting ringing. She reached in her pocket, checking the caller ID.

juggie <3

She tried to hide the screen from Veronica, but it was too late. The raven haired's eyes widened as she gasped in delight.

"Who's Juggie?" She asked smugly, causing Betty to blush bright red.

"Hold on, I'll tell you in a sec." Betty replied, quickly answering the call.

"Hey bubs." She heard from the other side, his husky voice making her warm inside.

"Hey." Her voice was joyful, anyone could tell. "What's up?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice." He answered sheepishly, hearing her giggle from the other side. "How are you?"

"Fine, missing you."

"I miss you too, love."

"I gotta head to class now, I'll call you later. I love you." She whispered the latter three words, hoping Veronica wouldn't hear. But judging by the huge grin on her face, she did.

"I love you too." He said in response before the line got broken off.

"Spill the tea girl!" Veronica exclaimed, practically jumping on top of her best friend. Betty giggled nervously and started making her way to class.

"He was my co-worker at the internship, we met, and I guess.. things went on from there."

"And? Is he good looking? How is he in bed?"